• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmo20

Legendary Member
Jan 20, 2023
Does anyone know how my application will be completed for linklaters if it is saying I need to complete the WG but I have already completed it last month for the open day?

I emailed grad rec as maybe they have changed the requirement this year and we can take the test again, but I am yet to hear back.

Flutterbyx303

Star Member
Sep 11, 2023
White & Case VI and Dechert VI back to back…

Not going to lie, definitely surprised considering I have BCC at A-Level but guess there’s a little hope.

P.S - DLA did not respond, so I contacted cappfinity instead - they managed to reset it from the back-end. Account got locked due to a password error. Peak.
Hello! Have you found your a levels to affect your success rate? Talking purely for the firms that have a level requirements. I got ABC at a level and no mitigating circumstances and I have deliberately not applied to firms that have a criteria but maybe I should apply anyway?

Edit: sorry I know you posted this a while ago

Arf1309

Valued Member
Dec 7, 2022
Does anyone know if non-law graduates can apply to Addleshaw Goddard's vacation scheme? In the info section it states: "The placement scheme is open to all second year law students and above or final year non-law students" - does this mean that graduates are excluded?
Hi, I asked graduate recruitment about this and they said all graduates can apply!

Reactions: hannahfl

mkt

Esteemed Member
Aug 6, 2023
I'd be careful with this. Everyone's role is important in a firm so definitely emphasise talking to a range of people I'd say. I got feedback from a VS that I focused too much on networking with Partners and didn't talk to paralegals.
No was referring to whether mentioning a partner name in an application makes the app stronger than speaking to a trainee.

sxw517

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    Would mention you spoke to a partner make your application stronger than speaking to a trainee
    Depends, a partner's insight on the practice area and how the market is evolving/how they see the firm growing in the coming years, is undoubtedly going to be more worthwhile than a trainee/paralegal's insight.

However, a trainee's insight on the culture for fledgling lawyers/work of a trainee is going to be a lot more relevant than a partner's insight on the same subject matter.

Only my opinion...

Izzy1026

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • Aug 23, 2023
    Hi friends, two questions:
    1. Does anyone know if NRF accepts more than one application per cycle?
    2. Does Osborne Clarke actually take people via direct TC or they recruit mostly from VS? Unfortunately their dates don't work for me. I have attended the Insight Scheme last year and been thinking I should give direct TC a shot ...

prospectiveswitcher

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Aug 18, 2022
    No was referring to whether mentioning a partner name in an application makes the app stronger than speaking to a trainee.
    Wouldn't read into this too much at all. Just focus on what you learned from speaking with them. I never name dropped anyone in any of the applications I had that were successful and was unsuccessful in ones I did name drop, so I don't think it adds too much.

lawapplicant

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 19, 2023
    Hi friends, two questions:
    1. Does anyone know if NRF accepts more than one application per cycle?
    2. Does Osborne Clarke actually take people via direct TC or they recruit mostly from VS? Unfortunately their dates don't work for me. I have attended the Insight Scheme last year and been thinking I should give direct TC a shot ...
    NRF e-mail seems to say we can apply again

Apple

Valued Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Jul 23, 2023
    No AC invite for HL WVS meanwhile people are receiving offers post AC, Is it likely a PFO at this point or still worth hoping for? I feel like I had a really strong application, but completed WG on the 30th of October.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.