• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 26, 2022
What's the best format to send the Freshfields personal statement? It just says drop file here.

Also, does anyone have any insight into the best format for the file name to be written in, and also whether I should write my word count at the bottom? TIA

Arf1309

Valued Member
Dec 7, 2022
Hey does anyone know where I can find out what seats are available in the Bristol training contract for WBD. I don't want to talk about a practice area they don't do there in my application! Thanks 🥰

Reactions: MG1996

Sachin Chandra

Esteemed Member
Premium Member
Apr 16, 2020
Kirkland & Ellis deadline is 1st January 2023. I assume that this means midnight tomorrow? I would appreciate someone clearing up this confusion. I don't want to miss the deadline if it is tonight.

Thanks team

Uvaia

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Jul 31, 2022
    Kirkland & Ellis deadline is 1st January 2023. I assume that this means midnight tomorrow? I would appreciate someone clearing up this confusion. I don't want to miss the deadline if it is tonight.

Thanks team
    Midnight tomorrow would be 2nd January. If the deadline is 1st January then you have today until 23:59. Unless they state, 1st January at 10am UK time, for example. But if it's just "1st January" then assume time is up the second it hits 1st.

Uvaia

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Jul 31, 2022
    What's the best format to send the Freshfields personal statement? It just says drop file here.

Also, does anyone have any insight into the best format for the file name to be written in, and also whether I should write my word count at the bottom? TIA
    You don't need to add "dear grad. rec...". Just go right in. Then it's why law, why you, why freshfields. Don't think it matters in which order.

I was invited to attend one of their insight days and in my application, I sent the file as PDF and did not add word count.

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 26, 2022
    You don't need to add "dear grad. rec...". Just go right in. Then it's why law, why you, why freshfields. Don't think it matters in which order.

I was invited to attend one of their insight days and in my application, I sent the file as PDF and did not add word count.
    Thank you! Can I ask what you named your file? I was thinking to write myname_freshfieldscoverletter or something, but if they told you to name it something specific I'd love to hear :)

Uvaia

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Jul 31, 2022
    Thank you! Can I ask what you named your file? I was thinking to write myname_freshfieldscoverletter or something, but if they told you to name it something specific I'd love to hear :)
    I don't remember them saying applicants need to name the file in any specific way. I just saved it with my name for the workshop application.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019

Thanks team
    I would take this as 23.59 on the 1st Jan.

Sachin Chandra

Esteemed Member
    Premium Member
    Apr 16, 2020
    Midnight tomorrow would be 2nd January. If the deadline is 1st January then you have today until 23:59. Unless they state, 1st January at 10am UK time, for example. But if it's just "1st January" then assume time is up the second it hits 1st.
    Yep I didn't initially read it like this but now I do. I appreciate the input

Reactions: Uvaia
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.