• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    So there is still a chance?
    Yes this is how they have done it in previous experience. But even if you do get that PFO don't be upset as Linklaters assess you in a weird way. In my opinion the SJT and WG even if you do well in WG they will still reject you do it does not define you. I just think an SJT test result should not define you if that is a reason you get rejected from a law firm.

tkwillbealawyer

Star Member
    Premium Member
  • Feb 21, 2022
    Hi all, this might be a silly question - As an international student currently on a Student Visa, I would have permission to work in the UK for a vacation scheme, but not necessarily for a training contract. If I'm applying for a vac scheme and the application asks 'do you require permission to work in the UK? Yes/No,' what should I select? So far I have been saying 'yes' because I generally do require permission, though I currently have permission.

jomar

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 20, 2022
    Hi all, this might be a silly question - As an international student currently on a Student Visa, I would have permission to work in the UK for a vacation scheme, but not necessarily for a training contract. If I'm applying for a vac scheme and the application asks 'do you require permission to work in the UK? Yes/No,' what should I select? So far I have been saying 'yes' because I generally do require permission, though I currently have permission.
    I would put yes. Are you on a tier 4?

jomar

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 20, 2022
    Took 1 week for me, but it could take longer if you applied near the deadline as they review applications on a rolling basis and most people apply near the deadline
    I applied to Sidley for WVS Oct 2nd. Have not been rejected yet, but have also not been invited to interview. Chances?

Stasis

Distinguished Member
    Mar 14, 2022
    I applied to Sidley for WVS Oct 2nd. Have not been rejected yet, but have also not been invited to interview. Chances?
    Who knows. I applied a week after you and haven't heard either. I don't think they adopt any sort of strict chronological approach. While they may state that they are rolling, it seems clear that they're giving offers out to those they want the most first.

jomar

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 20, 2022
    Who knows. I applied a week after you and haven't heard either. I don't think they adopt any sort of strict chronological approach. While they may state that they are rolling, it seems clear that they're giving offers out to those they want the most first.
    Thanks - if we get rejected for WVS, can we apply to SPR/SUM VS?

CorpLawyer00

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Aug 8, 2022
    Does anyone know if Jones Day contacts everyone's academic reference? They just emailed to let me know they contacted mine, does this mean they plan to invite me to interview or is it just standard? It is not entirely clear. Thank you

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.