• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

gw9

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 28, 2022
Juts out of curiosity, what were your three top skills?

Mine were; Adaptability, Attention to Detail & Collaboration. Don't know how to interpret them with the firm's values.
I got drive, attention to detail and collaboration, so pretty similar! No idea how they’ll interpret them either.

hanz123

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 16, 2022
I'd appreciate some advice on how to answer this question:
As a trainee, you’ll rotate teams and work with people at different levels, with different working styles and personalities. Which of your strengths will you draw upon to help you handle these changes?

Loveslaw1234

Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 3, 2023
Hi all - anyone that applied between 10-15th Dec for Skadden - have you got TI interviews yet, and how long have they given you to prepare beforehand?
Hi! Unsure if this helps but I applied a bit earlier, and was invited to interview 2 and a bit weeks after I sent off my application. I had a week and a half to prepare, and all the questions were quite straightforward! Good luck :)

• 🏆
Reactions: HLL

tkwillbealawyer

Star Member
Premium Member
  • Feb 21, 2022
    anyone completed the Taylor Wessing games assessment? Tips would be much appreciated - I can't access the trial app for some reason (it keeps saying 'please check your internet connection or try again later')

gw9

Esteemed Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 28, 2022
    anyone completed the Taylor Wessing games assessment? Tips would be much appreciated - I can't access the trial app for some reason (it keeps saying 'please check your internet connection or try again later')
    It really is just a bunch of minigames, so there's not much prep you can do. Just make sure you have plenty of time to complete it and won't be disturbed, etc. Good luck!

Reactions: sibs23

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 26, 2022
    Best advice for GBAs is to be well rested before starting the assessment, and just do what comes naturally to you. Also, make sure to take breaks between the different games (eg. getting a glass of water), as some of them test things like reaction times, so being 100% alert really helps. Good luck!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.