• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Just completed WG for Clifford Chance Training Contract and got confirmation that my responses were received. However, contrary to the instructions in the email I got from CC, I didn't have to log in to access the test nor did I have to answer any equal opportunity questions at the end. Is this just me/can someone pls confirm if they found the same?
Have you done the test before for CC in another recruitment round?

kab

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Feb 15, 2020
Just completed WG for Clifford Chance Training Contract and got confirmation that my responses were received. However, contrary to the instructions in the email I got from CC, I didn't have to log in to access the test nor did I have to answer any equal opportunity questions at the end. Is this just me/can someone pls confirm if they found the same?
Same thing happened to me

• Love
Reactions: F99

mkap

Star Member
Dec 8, 2022
Hi,

I need to answer the following question in my application:

"Exploring your topic in more detail, please outline the key legal issues and describe how Osborne Clarke could assist our clients in this space over the next 5 years."

I was wonder whether I should talk about how OC can help construction firms with rising costs or the impact of increased regulation of ESG in the real estate sector?

Ghassen

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 24, 2022
Hi Everyone,
Can anyone please write me down a list of the firms which are not recruiting on a rolling basis for Spring/summer vacation schemes ?
I really need this to choose the firms that I still can apply to.
Thanks.

F12M34L

Legendary Member
  • Apr 28, 2022
    Has anyone applied to CC prior 8th Dec? their e-mail to the WG test is quite confusing. Also has anyone ever asked for reasonable adjustments? I completed the app before 8th Dec and still they want me to complete the test by today.

WillkieGemma

Valued Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Nov 4, 2021
    Hi, Gemma from Willkie here - this isn't necessarily correct. I review the written applications on a rolling basis, but we don't recruit on a rolling basis. Two of our application stages will not take place until after the deadline, meaning we won't make any offers at all until after the deadline. Thanks!

Ghassen

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 24, 2022
    Hi, Gemma from Willkie here - this isn't necessarily correct. I review the written applications on a rolling basis, but we don't recruit on a rolling basis. Two of our application stages will not take place until after the deadline, meaning we won't make any offers at all until after the deadline. Thanks!
    Thanks for your clarification Gemma.

AmakaWrites

Jul 28, 2022
    Has anyone applied to CC prior 8th Dec? their e-mail to the WG test is quite confusing. Also has anyone ever asked for reasonable adjustments? I completed the app before 8th Dec and still they want me to complete the test by today.
    I applied on the 7th… only a day before the 8th but hey. The email basically says if you apply before the 7th you have 5 days from the date of receipt of the test link to complete it. If you submitted your application on the 7th or 8th you have only until 23:59 on the 11th to complete it because that is the final deadline for all applicants. If you applied on the 7th or 8th you have less time to sit the test.

Just to be clear, the deadline to sit the test was yesterday at 23:59. If you have not sat it yet, it’s unfortunately too late.

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 26, 2022
    For the question “In no more than 100 words please tell us about any awards, scholarships or prizes you have been given”, how much should we talk about each prize/award? I have 3 that I think I can mention (mostly from sixth form), however, it will not fill 100 words if I just state the prizes. Thanks

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.