• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TC fiend

Legendary Member
  • Apr 27, 2021
    I have just received an email from Gibson Dunn saying that they are reviewing a high number of applications and they will respond to me as soon as possible. Do you think this is the first sign of a rejection letter?
    I feel like if it was a rejection they could have just sent a rejection so I wouldn’t be too cynical.

Reactions: Kubed

LexNavigator

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 10, 2020
    Hi all!
    I just got my feedback for Linklaters' Watson Glaser test. I found out I scored in the top 5% of applicants (95th percentile), with 90% correct answers!
    I've been doing really well in Watson Glaser tests recently and wanted to offer a helping hand to anyone who struggles with these. They're hard, weird, and sometimes hair-ripping-ly annoying, but I've kind of cracked a code for answering them and it's really been a huge help to me in applications.
    If anyone wants to reach out, ask to hop on a call, or do some practice, feel free :)
    Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weeks!
    Hi, congrats this is amazing news. Did you receive your Linklaters Watson Glaser result along with whether you passed to the next stage or did you have to email them and ask for it?

Zubin

Distinguished Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Dec 17, 2020
    Hi, congrats this is amazing news. Did you receive your Linklaters Watson Glaser result along with whether you passed to the next stage or did you have to email them and ask for it?
    Hello! Thanks. I emailed trainee recruitment asking for it - they don't send them automatically. :)

Rob93

Legendary Member
    Dec 29, 2020
    @LEL This could give you some starting points https://www.lawsociety.org.uk/topics/research/future-worlds-2050-project

While you don't want to get into a tangle, you were asking for suggestions rather than fully-fledged ideas, I believe.

PS: A TIMELY UPDATE: @Rob93 @LEL
    I saw that Gazette piece earlier and realised I ought to eat my words, good shout.

• Haha
    Reactions: Alison C

Zubin

Distinguished Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Dec 17, 2020
    Did you email them after hearing back about your application outcome or do you think it is okay to email before? Thank you!
    Hi there. I have not received my application outcome funnily enough - I emailed in advance of receiving that. Hopefully my results help me get through to the next round but you never know with my luck :')

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.