• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegalLordLox

Legendary Member
Jan 3, 2021
Ah strange, I've checked the portal and nothing on there either. Do you know what this might mean if I haven't had either? Do firms send out responses in batches or maybe at different times depending on the office? This is my first application cycle so I'm not sure!
Which office did you apply to? I applied to the London office. I completed the tests on the 11th of April and heard back on Tuesday just gone! Just over 6 weeks for a response. Hopefully it’s reassuring to hear that other haven’t heard back yet!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Training Contract application cycle 2024 roundup!
15 applications
10 2nd stage+
7 interview stage
4 final stage
1 TC offer!!!!

I am so happy after 3 years of applying I have finally received a TC offer!!!!
Congratulations and well done!

Anne Hathaway Applause GIF by SAG Awards

• Love
Reactions: livvymurphy

aemond54

Star Member
Oct 15, 2022
Hey guys just looking for some advice, so I recently accepted a paralegal position at (Law Firm A) and am currently in the process of being onboarded after signing the contract and producing all the necessary documents. However, I just received news that I have been offered a training contract with (Law Firm B). I was wondering if it was possible to reject the paralegal position even after signing the contract of employment and currently being onboarded and if so, how do go about this? @Jessica Booker

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hey guys just looking for some advice, so I recently accepted a paralegal position at (Law Firm A) and am currently in the process of being onboarded after signing the contract and producing all the necessary documents. However, I just received news that I have been offered a training contract with (Law Firm B). I was wondering if it was possible to reject the paralegal position even after signing the contract of employment and currently being onboarded and if so, how do go about this? @Jessica Booker
Yes, you can withdraw your acceptance. You should call your point of contact and explain why you are no longer continuing with the offer, and then follow up in writing to confirm that is the case.

Madeline186

Mar 19, 2024
Which office did you apply to? I applied to the London office. I completed the tests on the 11th of April and heard back on Tuesday just gone! Just over 6 weeks for a response. Hopefully it’s reassuring to hear that other haven’t heard back yet!
I also applied to the London office. Maybe I'll hear something after the interviews have been held then. Hopefully anyway!

Reactions: LegalLordLox
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.