• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
CC has no application questions wow. Looks like mc firms are really focusing on applicants' grade more
Doesn't the application still have a 500-word statement on an achievement you are most proud and your extra curriculars/how they will help them excel at the firm (or some similar wording that escapes me right now)?

Untilwinter

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Dec 21, 2020
Doesn't the application still have a 500-word statement on an achievement you are most proud and your extra curriculars/how they will help them excel at the firm (or some similar wording that escapes me right now)?
Yes but I feel like its been reduced a lot from the traditional cover letter format or the 3 questions app.

VMS

Distinguished Member
Oct 16, 2023
Sorry if anyone else has already asked this, but does anyone know if you need to include the address on the covering letter for firms like Slaughters and DLA? Or can I just begin it with 'Dear (insert Head of Graduate Recruitments Name)'?

Zi48

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2022

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
Sorry if anyone else has already asked this, but does anyone know if you need to include the address on the covering letter for firms like Slaughters and DLA? Or can I just begin it with 'Dear (insert Head of Graduate Recruitments Name)'?
Dla closed their app

D

Deleted member 24543

Just got an email saying may application will now be reviewed by A&O's grad rec, does this mean you've passed the SJT? It's so different from before where they'd just tell you that you possess the skills they're looking for

LB24

Valued Member
Sep 26, 2023
Just got an email saying may application will now be reviewed by A&O's grad rec, does this mean you've passed the SJT? It's so different from before where they'd just tell you that you possess the skills they're looking for
I’m not really sure, I’m going to maybe guess so since I haven’t received that email? Would imagine if it was just a generic email that they would have sent it to everyone - but I could be wrong!

Reactions: HLL

bibss

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2020
I’m not really sure, I’m going to maybe guess so since I haven’t received that email? Would imagine if it was just a generic email that they would have sent it to everyone - but I could be wrong!
Hi both, I think the email is automatic but sent in different batches! I wouldn’t read too much into it

BM99

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Sep 12, 2021
I'm not sure about the answer to this question too. But when I emailed the grad rec and ask whether they operate a benchmark, they told me that I have passed the test (I also received the feedback and next steps email). So the email might be an indication (?)

BM99

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Sep 12, 2021
When did you complete your SJT? It does take a while for the email to come through

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.