• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi @Jessica Booker for "Please use the space below to provide details of any careers events you have attended e.g. insight days, workshops, presentations etc. These do not need to be White & Case specific. (Max. 350 words)", is it better to:

1. Give a long list of events with no explanation to meet the word count
2. Explain 4-5 events in depth to meet the word count
3. mix of 1 & 2?

Thanks in advance.
I’d avoid (1). You don’t really need to describe the events, more what you gained from attending them. So I would expect (3) would be best as long as your focus is on the learnings/skills gained rather than the process of the event.

• ℹ️
Reactions: futuretraineesolicitor

jmak

Star Member
May 12, 2024
Hi, how long do we have to take the test from getting the email?
do u mind me asking if ure a graduate or still at uni? did u have previous vac schemes in ur experience section?
I got a VI for WFW today. I'm a graduate and have done a previous vac scheme at a US firm. Last year I applied to WFW for a direct TC but didn't get through to the VI, as a graduate, but I had not yet done a vac scheme then. The difference between my app last year and this year was a vac scheme and a new paralegal role. For context I worked in consulting last year when I applied. Can't say for sure the two additional factors helped but just providing info for context/hope it's helpful

Last edited:

Mary20

Standard Member
Premium Member
Jun 1, 2021
The de

I got a VI for WFW today. I'm a graduate and have done a previous vac scheme at a US firm. Last year I applied to WFW for a direct TC but didn't get through to the VI, as a graduate, but I had not yet done a vac scheme then. The difference between my app last year and this year was a vac scheme and a new paralegal role. For context I worked in consulting last year when I applied. Can't say for sure the two additional factors helped but just providing info for context/hope it's helpful
Congrats, when did you apply please?

BonanzaBih_

Legendary Member
Jan 17, 2023
do u mind me asking if ure a graduate or still at uni? did u have previous vac schemes in ur experience section?

Yes to both! I graduated and did a vac scheme at a us firm last year

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.