• Hey Guest, leading international law firm BCLP is live right now in the forum! This is a perfect opportunity to ask any questions you have to the recruitment team. Ask a question here!

Spontaneous TC Journey

Legalstalker

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • Oct 9, 2023
    Cycle no1 2023 - 2024
    It’s been a crazy 10 months of applying, interviewing, new experiences and tears but onwards and upwards!!!

In my months break from the TCLA I have undergone severe humbling by a few firms.

Sullivan Cromwell TC PFO 15th July ❌
    Morgan Lewis TC PFO 15th July ❌
    Taylor Wessing Paralegal PFO19th July ❌
    RPC PFO post WG 01 August ❌
    Macfarlanes PFO post Test 01 August ❌

The Macfarlanes one actually hurt ALOT I put soo much effort into that application I may have to go to banging on their office doors in Chancery Lane for a reason😭 my feedback report wasn’t even bad!! However, I did applying before completing my second vac scheme and I do now believe if I applied after doing it I would’ve had more experience and more motivation as they practice similar areas

Still a few firms to hear back from so the cycle isn’t 100% over

Cycle no.2 2024-2025???
    I am excited to implement my vacation schemes and experiences into new applications and I can’t wait to do so. I’m not giving up just yet. I will be doing some forage courses this month before the seasons officially kicks off.

Oooo she’s soo organised 🫢😏

How crazy are those NQ salaries!! I can feel my soul leaving before I’ve even signed a contract 😭😭

I have a strategy this time around we will not be doing nearly 60 applications I’m sorry but no. I’ve come to the realisation I don’t like every firm lol.

I have a check list of stuff that I look for in a firm and this can of course be bent if they meet other aspects. I would be grateful if anyone has any input on other firms that meet my needs?!? Is needs even the right word lol

1. International Secondment/ overseas opportunities - I’d love to take my career abroad and learn a new culture, meet new people this is 100% my top thing.
    2. NO WATSON GLASER TEST - I have no luck with these tests I prefer SJT or VI tend to do better at these firms
    3. Focus on IP, Life sciences, litigation, competition or Tax - I’ve learnt to love these areas through my vacation schemes and work experiences.
    4. Does not Ghost as form of PFO - bad vibes
    5. Big responsibility early on for trainees - self explanatory, I’m girl who like to keep busy and taking ownership of a big tasks/case is my drug haha

I’ve listed 5 firms for each vacation scheme period. I’ve learnt a lot this year that many people drop out of vacation schemes throughout the year as they’ve got early offers so the summer ones tend to have less people on them. Also some firms only do summer vac schemes. I may add more if I have time but soo far these are the firms I like. Not 100% on bird & bird as I think they have a WG.

My aim is mostly SC and US not a huge MC person apart from A&O Sherman having spoken to 3 ex trainees there they’ve enjoyed the quality of work and training they got. I did not put them in a vac scheme section as I feel I have enough experience to do direct TC for them.

I will probably add more to my direct TC list depending on the firms application process and spaces for direct TC but probably no more than 5 firms. If I do more direct TC applications I’ll lower my vacation scheme application as I do think I don’t need an awful lot of vac schemes having done two.

Many of these firms are out of my reach am I probably will get many rejections but oh well I rather try and get it than regret not applying.

I’ve put Sidley in my winter section as it’s one week and not two like their other ones. HSF I adore and having passed their test this year I just need to work on my application questions to ensure I get that AC invite!!

I really like Willkie and did pass application screening last time to a VI, so would love to progress again.

I am really hoping that my previous Vac schemes are not a barrier and I’m seen as incompetent lmao.

Last edited:

jmak

Star Member
    May 12, 2024
    Cycle no1 2023 - 2024
    It’s been a crazy 10 months of applying, interviewing, new experiences and tears but onwards and upwards!!!

In my months break from the TCLA I have undergone severe humbling by a few firms.

The Macfarlanes one actually hurt ALOT I put soo much effort into that application I may have to go to banging on their office doors in Chancery Lane for a reason😭 my feedback report wasn’t even bad!! However, I did applying before completing my second vac scheme and I do now believe if I applied after doing it I would’ve had more experience and more motivation as they practice similar areas

Cycle no.2 2024-2025???
    I am excited to implement my vacation schemes and experiences into new applications and I can’t wait to do so. I’m not giving up just yet. I will be doing some forage courses this month before the seasons officially kicks off.

View attachment 6166

How crazy are those NQ salaries!! I can feel my soul leaving before I’ve even signed a contract 😭😭

I have a strategy this time around we will not be doing nearly 60 applications I’m sorry but no. I’ve come to the realisation I don’t like every firm lol.

I have a check list of stuff that I look for in a firm and this can of course be bent if they meet other aspects. I would be grateful if anyone has any input on other firms that meet my needs?!? Is needs even the right word lol

1. International Secondment/ overseas opportunities - I’d love to take my career abroad and learn a new culture, meet new people this is 100% my top thing.
    2. NO WATSON GLASER TEST - I have no luck with these tests I prefer SJT or VI tend to do better at these firms
    3. Focus on IP, Life sciences, litigation, competition or Tax - I’ve learnt to love these areas through my vacation schemes and work experiences.
    5. Big responsibility early on for trainees - self explanatory, I’m girl who like to keep busy and taking ownership of a big tasks/case is my drug haha

I’ve listed 5 firms for each vacation scheme period. I’ve learnt a lot this year that many people drop out of vacation schemes throughout the year as they’ve got early offers so the summer ones tend to have less people on them. Also some firms only do summer vac schemes. I may add more if I have time but soo far these are the firms I like. Not 100% on bird & bird as I think they have a WG.

My aim is mostly SC and US not a huge MC person apart from A&O Sherman having spoken to 3 ex trainees there they’ve enjoyed the quality of work and training they got. I did not put them in a vac scheme section as I feel I have enough experience to do direct TC for them.

I will probably add more to my direct TC list depending on the firms application process and spaces for direct TC but probably no more than 5 firms. If I do more direct TC applications I’ll lower my vacation scheme application as I do think I don’t need an awful lot of vac schemes having done two.

Many of these firms are out of my reach am I probably will get many rejections but oh well I rather try and get it than regret not applying.

I’ve put Sidley in my winter section as it’s one week and not two like their other ones. HSF I adore and having passed their test this year I just need to work on my application questions to ensure I get that AC invite!!

I really like Willkie and did pass application screening last time to a VI, so would love to progress again.

I am really hoping that my previous Vac schemes are not a barrier and I’m seen as incompetent lmao.
    This is super impressive, great dedication and well thought out. I had the same strategy of US firms and SC because I was avoiding WG and preferred the culture/work!

Good luck!

futuretrainee2025

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Dec 2, 2022
    Cycle no1 2023 - 2024

Cycle no.2 2024-2025???

View attachment 6166

Hey, great to hear from you! I didn't do so well post-vac schemes :( I know my weaknesses know, what areas I enjoy, and the level of responsibility I want (the more, the better haha). I love your drive and motivation to keep pushing :) On the same boat as you right now. We struggled, we learnt, and we'll keep going till we get there!! I know this is our year!! Message me if you ever want to catch up or rant

Legalstalker

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • Oct 9, 2023
    Hey, great to hear from you! I didn't do so well post-vac schemes :( I know my weaknesses know, what areas I enjoy, and the level of responsibility I want (the more, the better haha). I love your drive and motivation to keep pushing :) On the same boat as you right now. We struggled, we learnt, and we'll keep going till we get there!! I know this is our year!! Message me if you ever want to catch up or rant
    It’s their loss!! I don’t just say that either! I do believe the first firm I did a vac scheme at it was their loss of having a great diverse candidate as myself and not a boring 2nd year student they could mould 🤣🤣

We will definitely get that lucky phone call this year for sure!! Knowing your strengths and weaknesses is key and once we work on them there will be no excuse for firms to not take us.

Just add the grad rec from your previous vs on LinkedIn so they can see you doing well at a better firm 🤣🤣🤣

Thank you for your kind words and I can’t wait to see your posts on the next cycle zoom

Legalstalker

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • Oct 9, 2023
    Hello all who are still tuning in!

Brief break from the forum for a few weeks as i was super busy + couldn't be asked to indulge in the panic of churning applications out the same day they open...

As you're all aware I love to share my journey and I will continue to do so but I think i may take a more strategically private stance this cycle. I would hate for a firm to recognise me from this forum or other vac schemers. Not that I post anything bad but most of the type when I type I do not double check and i have many grammatical errors 😅 plus i love a good vent from time to time haha. So I might not state where I get a TC from if i was successful this cycle.

I will be very honest I did not do anything I stated I would do in the last post lmao, i went on holiday and i have been living my life this summer. I feel super guilty but there is still time to work on my commercial awareness and get the motivation back to do applications after such a rouge cycle. I cannot suffer another post VS heartbreak again I REFUSE. Although I only really suffered one 😬

Stats:
    20 vacation schemes
    4 Training contracts
    4 open days
    1 Graduate route

Overall 25 TC and VS applications. This is a drastic decrease from last cycle and I am hoping I stick to this list rather than panicking and applying to more firms. 25 is a great number and I would be happy to get a TC there.

If anyone wants to discuss anything to do with the firms i'm applying to drop me a message happy to help with any questions/help people may need!!!

There have been many changes on this spreadsheet since my last update... will explain below for those who care.

- Two TC applications from the previous cycle SH and PH. - I called PH a few weeks back and they said if i haven't heard back first two weeks of September i've been unsuccessful so appreciate that and will be removing them soon. SH has really lacked on the communication front all cycle... I don't understand how their communication has been so bad. I applied for their winter VS in October 2023 and only heard back April 2024 for a test invite
    - Submitted my 10K interns application for the early deadline. would love an internship at a firm with the hopes of converting it, this could also limit my participation in summer VS
    - Changed my A&O Shearman TC application to Winter vacation Scheme. I did this as it is only one week and felt I would succeed if I did a VS application rather than TC.
    - Not applying to Sidley Austin, realistically they are not going to give me an interview I know that in their eyes I am not good enough and I am fine with that I was not interested in the firm enough to sit and write and application. But the amount of people who have applied for the winter one! better off applying to the Summer one at this rate and getting all the interview info from the winter applications😂
    - Travers Smith now a TC rather then VS application as they've cancelled their winter vacation scheme and I have too many options for spring
    - Apply for open days... I only applied for 1 last year and was unsuccessful. Open days are a great way to express your motivation and interaction with a firm and i have struggled to showcase this in previous applications.
    - I have more summer schemes that expected but i'm not mad about it! Seeing as many firms on do summer schemes I'v given leniency. I also found that I would have a bit more free time in the summer as opposed to the other dates.
    - I have removed a bunch of firms as i didn't like them enough to apply, applying takes effort and I am not doing it for a firms i wouldn't want to work at.
    -Willkie promoted to spring and Macfarlanes demoted to summer... why? no reason haha I love willkie so wanted to apply and hear back sooner

I anticipate my TC list will get bigger the further in the cycle but we will cross that bridge! I don't know if i even like Paul Weiss?!?! I just put it down for fun haha

Having looked at every single firm I have put down on my list I think none of them require WG which is something I really wanted to avoid this cycle for multiple reasons. It is VERY US heavy and i may regret that in a few months time but hoping by doing this they actually read my application and progress me based off of me and not a test?

I've included the scheme dates and have specify the dates I would want to do if the firm offers two dates.
    Also holding my self accountable and putting dates I should complete applications by, however this may changes due to law fairs I hope to attend, I have never been to a law fair before and i've never spoken to graduate recruitment other than at an AC or VS so excited to get this opportunity!

I have been attending a few law firm webinars over the pas few weeks which i find will help me when applying to these firms.

Luckily this cycle I know what I am looking for and the questions I want to ask so now it is mostly looking for a firm that has the same values as mines!

Ohhhh forgot to say I am also applying to grad schemes incase this legal life is not for me :) Aiming for compliance, consulting and IB mainly as I wouldn't want my skills to go to waste, I need an income, i've travelled enough to not take a gap year, I want to up-skill in other business areas and i'm sure the skills i have from my vacation schemes will be enough for someone to take me 🥹

Hopefully this update gives you the closure that I am still in fact alive and unfortunately planning my future🤣

Toodles... hoping my next update includes a next stage invite or something :)

Last edited:

Sharon Wu

Valued Member
    Oct 27, 2023
    Hello all who are still tuning in!

Brief break from the forum for a few weeks as i was super busy + couldn't be asked to indulge in the panic of churning applications out the same day they open...

As you're all aware I love to share my journey and I will continue to do so but I think i may take a more strategically private stance this cycle. I would hate for a firm to recognise me from this forum or other vac schemers. Not that I post anything bad but most of the type when I type I do not double check and i have many grammatical errors 😅 plus i love a good vent from time to time haha. So I might not state where I get a TC from if i was successful this cycle.

I will be very honest I did not do anything I stated I would do in the last post lmao, i went on holiday and i have been living my life this summer. I feel super guilty but there is still time to work on my commercial awareness and get the motivation back to do applications after such a rouge cycle. I cannot suffer another post VS heartbreak again I REFUSE. Although I only really suffered one 😬

Anywho Spreadsheet update....
    View attachment 6237

OMG soo organised!!! somebody give this girl a TC for her commitment to applying and not applying yet 🤣 🤣

Stats:
    20 vacation schemes
    4 Training contracts
    4 open days
    1 Graduate route

Overall 25 TC and VS applications. This is a drastic decrease from last cycle and I am hoping I stick to this list rather than panicking and applying to more firms. 25 is a great number and I would be happy to get a TC there.

If anhyone wants to discuss anythign to do with the firms i'm applying to drop me a message happy to help with any questions/help people may need!!!

There have been many changes on this spreadsheet since my last update... will explain below for those who care.

- Two TC applications from the previous cycle SH and PH. - I called PH a few weeks back and they said if i haven't heard back first two weeks of September i've been unsuccessful so appreciate that and will be removing them soon. SH has really lacked on the communication front all cycle... I don't understand how their communication has been so bad. I applied for their winter VS in October 2023 and only heard back April 2024 for a test invite
    - Submitted my 10K interns application for the early deadline. would love an internship at a firm with the hopes of converting it, this could also limit my participation in summer VS
    - Changed my A&O Shearman TC application to Winter vacation Scheme. I did this as it is only one week and felt I would succeed if I did a VS application rather than TC.
    - Not applying to Sidley Austin, realistically they are not going to give me an interview I know that in their eyes I am not good enough and I am fine with that I was not interested in the firm enough to sit and write and application. But the amount of people who have applied for the winter one! better off applying to the Summer one at this rate and getting all the interview info from the winter applications😂
    - Travers Smith now a TC rather then VS application as they've cancelled their winter vacation scheme and I have too many options for spring
    - Apply for open days... I only applied for 1 last year and was unsuccessful. Open days are a great way to express your motivation and interaction with a firm and i have struggled to showcase this in previous applications.
    - I have more summer schemes that expected but i'm not mad about it! Seeing as many firms on do summer schemes I'v given leniency. I also found that I would have a bit more free time in the summer as opposed to the other dates.
    - I have removed a bunch of firms as i didn't like them enough to apply, applying takes effort and I am not doing it for a firms i wouldn't want to work at.
    -Willkie promoted to spring and Macfarlanes demoted to summer... why? no reason haha I love willkie so wanted to apply and hear back sooner

I anticipate my TC list will get bigger the further in the cycle but we will cross that bridge! I don't know if i even like Paul Weiss?!?! I just put it down for fun haha

Having looked at every single firm I have put down on my list I think none of them require WG which is something I really wanted to avoid this cycle for multiple reasons. It is VERY US heavy and i may regret that in a few months time but hoping by doing this they actually read my application and progress me based off of me and not a test?

I've included the scheme dates and have specify the dates I would want to do if the firm offers two dates.
    Also holding my self accountable and putting dates I should complete applications by, however this may changes due to law fairs I hope to attend, I have never been to a law fair before and i've never spoken to graduate recruitment other than at an AC or VS so excited to get this opportunity!

I have been attending a few law firm webinars over the pas few weeks which i find will help me when applying to these firms.

Luckily this cycle I know what I am looking for and the questions I want to ask so now it is mostly looking for a firm that has the same values as mines!

My top choices for each VS block?
    Winter - A&O, Covington & Burling and HSF
    Spring - Willkie, Skadden and Dechert
    Summer - Cooley, Debvoise and Davis Polk

I would be happy with any firm on the list but I think there 9 I would be extra happy about lmao

Ohhhh forgot to say I am also applying to grad schemes incase this legal life is not for me :) Aiming for compliance, consulting and IB mainly as I wouldn't want my skills to go to waste, I need an income, i've travelled enough to not take a gap year, I want to up-skill in other business areas and i'm sure the skills i have from my vacation schemes will be enough for someone to take me 🥹 I have a list of all the grad schemes i'm applying to above all my VS ones (not pictured)

Hopefully this update gives you the closure that I am still in fact alive and unfortunately planning my future🤣

Toodles... hoping my next update includes a next stage invite or something :)
    I love your updates. Keep them coming.
    I'll be applying to 7 from your list, so would be great to discuss further.

• 🤝
    Reactions: Legalstalker

Legalstalker

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • Oct 9, 2023
    Wow so rogue from PH, swear no one has heard and they don’t give offers from their vac scheme either so guess it is all riding on this week
    Yeah they don’t acknowledge you if you’re unsuccessful… pretty trash to say the least. People put time and effort into applying and you can’t be bothered to give them closure😭

Legalstalker

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • Oct 9, 2023
    End of the week update:

Ashurst WVS application submitted
    Jones Day application submitted
    A&O Shearman VI/TEST completed.

My A&O Vi was soo good I only took 1.30min max of prep per question and only messed up on one word!! None of this matters as my feedback report stated I got middle verbal and hIgh numerical and I am sure they place greater weighing on verbal.

I have also come to the conclusion that the wording is ranked - Excelled, good level of potential and some good judgement. With 6 areas being assessed I assume you should be getting at least 3 in excelled to progress?!? I could be making this all up lmao but I am expecting a PFO which does suck.

Nonetheless I have more applications to be writing, HSF is up next I have taken time to research and really put effort into my applications this cycle it is draining and I am not surprised I had soo many PFO's last cycle lol. Ashurst application also killed me 😅 I did sit at my desk for 7 hours wondering where to start and why soo many questions.The relief after submitting was unmatched, hoping to do the assessment sometime next week.

Funnily enough the Jones Day application did not take me nearly as much time as I thought! Having such a short word count was a lifesaver and having done Ashurst prior I had answers already for the application questions. I added in a cheeky little case in my cover letter to solidify my interest and sent it off! Hopefully I get an interview but won't be sad if I don't as I have soo many other firms to apply to no time to mourn unless its Ashurst as that took me dayssss.

Thanks for tuning in and hopefully more progress next week :)

Legalstalker

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • Oct 9, 2023
    Not really a VS application update:

I’ve applied to a few grad jobs and I’m currently progressing with one for a compliance grad as I’ve been invited to do a VI! Although still early days I’m super happy to have made it this far! Praying I do well enough to get to final interview otherwise I will cry😅

1 firms and 1 grad job have now granted me reasonable adjustments for the online tests so hoping to crack on with those this week.

I don’t know if it’s just me but as I scroll on LinkedIn and I see firms post their new trainee cohorts it makes me question their DEI especially diversity in race. Compared to all the vacation scheme posts in the spring and summer and now the trainee posts there seems to be a massive difference in the type of people the firm actually takes on.
    This is something I noticed A LOT having done two vacation schemes at two very different firms the turnover was always the same. It’s a little discouraging when I apply as one of the firms I’ve already applied to lack HEAVY on the diversity point in their latest trainee cohort post but their vacation scheme was diversity to an extent. I think firms like to tackle the E&I (equality and inclusion) part more. Equality in giving men and women’s a fair chance and opportunity in law. Inclusion, making reasonable adjustments throughout the application process or not having A level requirements. Or maybe taking on neurodivergent/disabled applicants something race cannot tell.

However, diversity in terms of race… Does this stop at the vacation scheme level? I’ve seen people on LinkedIn call firms out on their vacation scheme posts for the lack of diversity many times. I understand there are ethnic minorities such as East Asian trainees but there seem to be a lack of brown asians and black trainees.

This is also something I’ve researched into when applying to firms and how best I can support other ethnic minorities or social mobility applicants if I were to join a firm. I’ve spoke one trainee and one future trainee where I did a vac scheme and both were annoyed with the firms DEI. I’d hate to spend two years feeling like this and I’m grateful I didn’t progress with one my vac schemes to a trainee as I knew I was not a fit for the firm. This is the importance of a vac scheme!!

This is not a rant of any kind just an observation. I don’t expect anyone to agree with me I just thought it was something interesting.

I’m about to get walk to get Kokoro; sweet chilli chicken and rice 🍚 just thought I’d let you know 😂

SoonToBeTrainee

Distinguished Member
  • Dec 29, 2023
    Not really a VS application update:

I’ve applied to a few grad jobs and I’m currently progressing with one for a compliance grad as I’ve been invited to do a VI! Although still early days I’m super happy to have made it this far! Praying I do well enough to get to final interview otherwise I will cry😅

1 firms and 1 grad job have now granted me reasonable adjustments for the online tests so hoping to crack on with those this week.

I don’t know if it’s just me but as I scroll on LinkedIn and I see firms post their new trainee cohorts it makes me question their DEI especially diversity in race. Compared to all the vacation scheme posts in the spring and summer and now the trainee posts there seems to be a massive difference in the type of people the firm actually takes on.
    This is something I noticed A LOT having done two vacation schemes at two very different firms the turnover was always the same. It’s a little discouraging when I apply as one of the firms I’ve already applied to lack HEAVY on the diversity point in their latest trainee cohort post but their vacation scheme was diversity to an extent. I think firms like to tackle the E&I (equality and inclusion) part more. Equality in giving men and women’s a fair chance and opportunity in law. Inclusion, making reasonable adjustments throughout the application process or not having A level requirements. Or maybe taking on neurodivergent/disabled applicants something race cannot tell.

However, diversity in terms of race… Does this stop at the vacation scheme level? I’ve seen people on LinkedIn call firms out on their vacation scheme posts for the lack of diversity many times. I understand there are ethnic minorities such as East Asian trainees but there seem to be a lack of brown asians and black trainees.

This is also something I’ve researched into when applying to firms and how best I can support other ethnic minorities or social mobility applicants if I were to join a firm. I’ve spoke one trainee and one future trainee where I did a vac scheme and both were annoyed with the firms DEI. I’d hate to spend two years feeling like this and I’m grateful I didn’t progress with one my vac schemes to a trainee as I knew I was not a fit for the firm. This is the importance of a vac scheme!!

This is not a rant of any kind just an observation. I don’t expect anyone to agree with me I just thought it was something interesting.

I’m about to get walk to get Kokoro; sweet chilli chicken and rice 🍚 just thought I’d let you know 😂
    I think your point on race is an exceptionally valid one. It’s something I’ve noticed too. There definitely seems to be a disparity between some firms’ VS intake and then actual TC intake.

Typically, I think it’s some of the firms with a smaller intake. English firms, with a large intake, seem much more DEI friendly

futuretcholder

Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Jul 26, 2024
    Wow! What a thread. I've just gone through your entire journey from beginning to end. Glad you're stilll giving commercial law another chance. I had a question about your VS feedback, if you don't mind answering, I know it was a while ago. But what was the feedback roughly if you don't mind sharing. you mentioned they said great personality and great to work with in a group clearly. But what else are they looking for? I always assume they just want a personable trainee to work with more than anything

• 🤝
    Reactions: Legalstalker

Legalstalker

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • Oct 9, 2023
    Wow! What a thread. I've just gone through your entire journey from beginning to end. Glad you're stilll giving commercial law another chance. I had a question about your VS feedback, if you don't mind answering, I know it was a while ago. But what was the feedback roughly if you don't mind sharing. you mentioned they said great personality and great to work with in a group clearly. But what else are they looking for? I always assume they just want a personable trainee to work with more than anything
    Hey happy you enjoyed the read!

I assume you're talking about my first VS? If so they mentioned my commercial awareness in my interview could've been better which i agreed with however, i don't believe it was bad to the point of not converting with many other assessed aspects and their "holistic approach". Maybe I was too enthusiastic? tried too hard? too many people to TC ratio? didn't fit the culture? I guess we'll never know. Personality only goes soo far when people want to be surrounded by people just like them😬 Grateful for the experience nonetheless and hoping to leverage it this cycle.

As for my second VS feedback was very good, the smaller teams cared about personality and made more of an effort to get you involved and to give you praise. It was all irrelevant though as throughout the weeks I knew i didn't want a TC there.

Reactions: Sharon Wu

Legalstalker

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • Oct 9, 2023
    End of the week update ✨:

3 open day applications submitted

2 vacation scheme application submitted
    1 vacation scheme online assessment half completed - tech difficulties

4 graduate job applications submitted
    3 graduate job online assessments completed
    1 graduate job video interview completed

Stats:
    VS applications submitted - 5
    VS applications rejected - 0
    Open day applications submitted - 4
    Open day applications rejected - 1

I have changed many of the firms I am applying to, I did a lot of research this week and my motivations have shifted from many firms. I am putting an insane amount of time into researching this year and my commercial awareness. Every application I send I feel pleased with which is a huge difference from the last cycle. I have also applied to more open days which is a change to the last cycle.

Graduate job applications are less time-consuming no need to express why I want to work somewhere until the video interview hence why I have churned out so many this week.

Next week's aim:
    - Research into the China trade war thing that's happening and how it affects law firms
    - Complete 2 video interviews for graduate jobs
    - Apply for 1 open day
    - Apply for 2 graduate jobs
    - Hoping to hear back from one vac scheme application

Pretty busy next week with work, birthdays and overall living so hoping I can get a few applications done. Most graduate jobs I have applied to have rolling deadlines so the pressure Is on me to keep up with these VI's.

Toodles :)

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.