Skadden cancelling their TC ?

kimimed100

Jul 5, 2024
I saw a screenshot doing the rounds from a Skadden Whatsapp group. They do seem to be shrinking the UK office and I think they have lost quite a few senior people already. Not sure exactly when they are cancelling their TC or if it will apply to current future trainees.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Does anyone have any proof of this that they can send me in a private message? I am keen to ensure we are not causing any anxiety/worry if this is speculation or rumour rather than anything confirmed.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
That is what I thought. It’s been a rumour going around for a few weeks now, but I haven’t seen or heard anything that actually confirms it.

I hope this is not a malicious rumour going around - I am always slightly cautious when the post comes from a completely new member with no post history too, especially when it reads a bit like it’s been created by AI.

AlexJ

Valued Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Sep 23, 2022
    That is what I thought. It’s been a rumour going around for a few weeks now, but I haven’t seen or heard anything that actually confirms it.

I hope this is not a malicious rumour going around - I am always slightly cautious when the post comes from a completely new member with no post history too, especially when it reads a bit like it’s been created by AI.
    I believe it started in the LegalCheek comments here: https://www.legalcheek.com/2024/07/...es-london-newly-qualified-lawyer-pay-to-110k/

Pretty sure there is no substance to it, a rather weird rumour.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Reactions: AlexJ

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Does anyone have any proof of this that they can send me in a private message? I am keen to ensure we are not causing any anxiety/worry if this is speculation or rumour rather than anything confirmed.
    Heard from a Skadden trainee about this, and as far as I'm aware, it's not true.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.