Career Change TC - With LPC from 10+ years ago

Chlobar

Apr 10, 2024
Hi,

I did my LPC over 10 years ago (2011 to be exact) and for various reasons was unable to pursue a legal career. I am now seriously considering a move back to law, specifically with an interest in employment law due to my current career (HR/Talent/Advisory within tech). I can’t find much specific advice about this kind of scenario so could anyone advise whether I would need to do the SQE or if I could still just apply for training contracts as a mature career changer, given I already have my LPC?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
You can still qualify via the LPC as you are eligible, but you may find many firms have or are moving to the SQE route of qualifying for their trainee intakes, and so you’d need to potentially take SQE2 anyway if firms are only taking on trainees via the SQE route.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.