Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
An actual assessment. I got really high scores on practice tests
It is tricky to know the exact benchmark the firm would have - I have known them to be as low as the 17th percentile for some firms but as high as 67/68th percentile for other firms.

It could easily be the case where you are around the middle of these to extremes, that you could have done enough to be considered.

fta2024

Jul 21, 2022
It is tricky to know the exact benchmark the firm would have - I have known them to be as low as the 17th percentile for some firms but as high as 67/68th percentile for other firms.

It could easily be the case where you are around the middle of these to extremes, that you could have done enough to be considered.
I ended up getting rejected actually and that’s why I asked what the score was just in case that would’ve contributed? I thought I really did badly on the test to get in that percentile which was why I was curious as to what they benchmark against

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I ended up getting rejected actually and that’s why I asked what the score was just in case that would’ve contributed? I thought I really did badly on the test to get in that percentile which was why I was curious as to what they benchmark against
It is a possibility.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi @Jessica Booker do you think it is a good idea to include an except of written feedback for a task I did really well on during a vacation scheme in my work experience section after having talked about that task?
I wouldn’t include the word for word feedback received but you can say in a more concise way something like:

I completed a research note on the use of AI in the Civil Service, which received positive feedback from a partner on its clarity and structure.

Reactions: Lastseasonwonder

tobywstress

Nov 9, 2022
For a question asking 'Describe briefly why you decided to pursue a career in law and your career objectives.', should I focus the first part on why commercial law or it must be the general nature of legal work?
Moreover, is there a way to answer the second part? I can think of career objectives as going from trainee to NQ and then working towards equity partnership but is this the way to answer the question?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.