• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

SQE timings

sofffff123

Standard Member
Jun 2, 2024
This may be a stupid question but can someone please explain the SQE timings with a potential TC. I just graduated my fourth year at the Uni of Edinburgh with a non-law degree, and am currently looking at applying for TCs and Vac schemes (decided on law only recently). I would need to apply to firms who were willing to help fund my SQE as can't self-fund but I don't understand whether I need to apply for a TC first and then apply for an SQE course or apply together? Can I apply for an SQE course at any point throughout the year? My problem is I don't have the current funds to finance the SQE and would want the security of a firm funding it first

AlexJ

Valued Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Sep 23, 2022
    Timeline for sponsored would look like-
    Apply Sept-Dec this year
    AC - Feb- may
    VS- summer
    Start PGDL (conversion) Sept 25
    Start SQE prep Course Sept 26
    Sit SQE Jan 27
    Sit SQE 2 April 27
    Start TC Sept 27

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.