• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

Should I pay for SQE 1 and 2 together.

LillyandSilver

Legendary Member
Oct 18, 2023
Basically i am thinking of going with Barbri for SQE 1. On the barbri website I can just apply to SQE 1 but on the Central Applications Board it says I can also for a slight reduction apply for both courses. Is it worth it? I am not sure if Barbri is the best for SQE 2 and was thinking that I would much rather use ULaw for SQE 2, which my employer is willing to pay for (Only SQE 2). Is this possible and should I do it?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
BARBRI tend to apply a discount to SQE2 if you have done SQE1 with them anyway, so it maybe the case that the reduction factors this in upfront but that you could still get this if you sign up to SQE2 at a later date (check with BARBRI though).

kavin333

Aug 10, 2024
Yes, you can use Barbri for SQE 1 and ULaw for SQE 2. There's no rule that says you have to use the same provider for both exams. In fact, some people prefer to mix and match providers toget the best fit for their learning style and needs.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.