• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

Mitigating Circumstances

Dyno

Feb 16, 2024
Yes and other organisations like the Government Legal Department. There won't be many, but there will be some.
when im applying for vac schemes can i talk about my autism or is that not mitigating circumstances rather then a disability?

also is there any graduate recruitment people from law firms on here that i can contact?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
when im applying for vac schemes can i talk about my autism or is that not mitigating circumstances rather then a disability?

also is there any graduate recruitment people from law firms on here that i can contact?
Your autism is a mitigating circumstance all the time it is undiagnosed/you were not receiving support for it.

We don’t have details of law firms’ graduate recruitment teams. You’d need to contact them directly via their Early Careers website.

Dyno

Feb 16, 2024
Your autism is a mitigating circumstance all the time it is undiagnosed/you were not receiving support for it.

We don’t have details of law firms’ graduate recruitment teams. You’d need to contact them directly via their Early Careers website.
omg thank you so much

if i am doing an application and theres a space to talk about mitigating circumstance how would i write it as i experienced mental health problems and my autism too in for my first and second year?

do i also add in that im going to supply evidence or they going to ask for it?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
omg thank you so much

if i am doing an application and theres a space to talk about mitigating circumstance how would i write it as i experienced mental health problems and my autism too in for my first and second year?

do i also add in that im going to supply evidence or they going to ask for it?
Feel free to private message me with a summary of what you would write and I can advise on this.

Reactions: Dyno

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.