• Hey Guest, leading international law firm BCLP is live right now in the forum! This is a perfect opportunity to ask any questions you have to the recruitment team. Ask a question here!

Lateral move

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
It is difficult to advise on this as there are too many variables, but the biggest of those will be your practice area you qualify into and the type of clients you are working with.

It does happen though.

You could also consider transferring internally.

williamdavis27

Standard Member
Aug 16, 2024
It is difficult to advise on this as there are too many variables, but the biggest of those will be your practice area you qualify into and the type of clients you are working with.

It does happen though.

You could also consider transferring internally.
Thanks for this! I didn’t know internal transfers were a thing that can be done. Was initially wary of raising anything like that as I thought it might upset the partners at the regional office

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Thanks for this! I didn’t know internal transfers were a thing that can be done. Was initially wary of raising anything like that as I thought it might upset the partners at the regional office
It most likely will - but if the firm wants to retain talent they will prefer to move you if there is an opportunity rather than losing you altogether. It’s just whether there is an opportunity - you’d need to keep your ears and eyes open to when there could be an opportunity.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.