• Hey Guest, Join our event on 'How to Secure a Training Contract with Paul, Weiss at 6pm today. Register Here!
  • Discover the differences between law firms in our new Law Firm Directory 🚀.

Introduction and question

Sofia V.

Sep 29, 2024
Hello everyone, I’m Sofia and I’m currently in my first year of global law undergraduate program in Bocconi University(Milan); I’m studying both common law and civil law systems.
How can I start in the right way? It’s next summer too early for an internship? I don’t want to be passive during my university path.
thank you all in advance :)

Reactions: Andrei Radu

Amma Usman

Valued Member
Staff member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 7, 2024
Hello everyone, I’m Sofia and I’m currently in my first year of global law undergraduate program in Bocconi University(Milan); I’m studying both common law and civil law systems.
How can I start in the right way? It’s next summer too early for an internship? I don’t want to be passive during my university path.
Hey @Sofia V. , thank you so much for your question! And a huge welcome to the TCLA Community - we’re super excited to have you here :) It’s absolutely wonderful that you’re already thinking about the next steps of your career path. I would say next summer is not early at all, with regards to internship hunting. Most internship openings should be out now, or out soon in the next couple of months. It’s worth speaking to your university‘s careers service, as well as attending any workshops or events to help prepare you for writing applications and stepping into interviews.

In relating to starting in the right way also, I recommend setting some time aside every week for knowledge building. The more knowldge you have on how firms operate and how the financial world works, the better equipped you will be to apply to the right opportunities, and spend your time efficiently.

Best of luck. Hope this helps, and feel free to send any more questions our way :)

Reactions: Sofia V.

Sofia V.

Sep 29, 2024
Thank you very much for your kind reply! I’m really happy to have found such a welcoming Community.
I really appreciate your advice, I’ll ask my university’s careers service and look around.
I will definitely dedicate part of my time building knowledge, it’s really a precious recommendation thank you so much! :)
Kind regards,
Sofia

Amma Usman

Valued Member
Staff member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 7, 2024
Thank you very much for your kind reply! I’m really happy to have found such a welcoming Community.
I really appreciate your advice, I’ll ask my university’s careers service and look around.
I will definitely dedicate part of my time building knowledge, it’s really a precious recommendation thank you so much! :)
Kind regards,
Sofia
Hi @Sofia V. , ofcourse! Always here to help. Let us know how it goes and keep us updated. Happy to answer any more questions along the way.

Reactions: Sofia V.

Andrei Radu

Legendary Member
Staff member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 9, 2024
Hi Sofia and a huge welcome to TCLA, it's great to have you here :)! It's great that you have started thinking about your career already and I completely agree with @Amma Usman that it is not at all early to try to get an internship. We and the other forum members will be glad to advise you on any issues relating to that, so feel free to post any and all questions on our forums!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.