• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

International students applying for TC please enter this thread;)

AndreaMartins

Aug 15, 2023
Hi,i´m an international student applying from Portugal for TCs in the UK and i find it quite hard encontering people in a similar position(being inetrnational students).Its almost impossible to not feel like you don´t stand a chance next to students already in the UK.

If you´re an international student applying for a TC please feel free to share your journey on the whole application process so far .Would love to hear!

Feel free to ask questions and if you want to connect hit me up on linked in .Just search for Andrea Martins Porto

Reactions: Samridhi Jain

Samridhi Jain

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Feb 18, 2022
Hi Andrea! Thank you for starting this thread. I'm surprised it hasn't blown up haha! I'm an international student applying from India for TCs in the UK in the penultimate year of my law degree. The sponsoring visa situation - tell me about it!!

I applied for the Links India internship but did not get through. I've applied to CC, and A&O, and have only got PFOs :(
Waiting to hear from TW as I apply to more firms this month along with some US firms in Jan/ Feb and beyond.

It's my first application cycle so I'm learning a LOT as I write and navigate applications :)

itzi

Jul 2, 2024
Hi, I’m a Spanish student currently studying a dual degree in law and international relations in Spain and a bachelor of laws in Dublin.

I am also in a similar position looking to apply for TCs in London, and it is very difficult to find opportunities to attend fairs, open days and other opportunities for students outside of the UK.

I would also appreciate any feedback or advice.

Samridhi Jain

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Feb 18, 2022
Hi, I’m a Spanish student currently studying a dual degree in law and international relations in Spain and a bachelor of laws in Dublin.

I am also in a similar position looking to apply for TCs in London, and it is very difficult to find opportunities to attend fairs, open days and other opportunities for students outside of the UK.

I would also appreciate any feedback or advice.
oh, that's quite interesting. I'm starting my 2nd application cycle this year! I'm applying for a few VS and multiple TCs this year. I'm planning to increase the number of apps I put in this year.

Where are you in the applying process?

crl227

Apr 29, 2024
Hey all - am on the same boat and will be starting my 3rd application cycle. I am an international student based in the UK but I did my first application cycle back in Singapore. I completely relate to how difficult it is to attend in-person events and I strongly believe that virtual events are a good starting point (and if you can, turn your camera on). AllAboutLaw/Legal Cheek/LawCareers.Net regularly organise virtual events and I think it gave me a good introduction to firms & practice areas. Good luck and all the best to all! :)

jmak

Star Member
May 12, 2024
Hi everyone, I'm an international graduate that just secured a TC. I have been through many application cycles and perfected my strategy towards TC's, receiving several interviews and AC's and VS's in the last application cycle! If you're looking for a mentor, I would be happy to help and provide support and guidance as I know how difficult it can be for international students! Please message me if you are interested in being a mentee!

Reactions: Jessica Booker

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.