• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

HMRC Legal apprentice (Graduate)

ZS

Standard Member
Oct 21, 2021
Has anybody applied to the HMRC Legal apprentice (Graduate) scheme? It seems to be a brand new graduate (and non-graduate) Solicitor apprenticeship. I'm currently practising the Civil Service Verbal and Jugement tests as I haven't applied for a civil service role since leaving university.

kavin333

Aug 10, 2024
Yeah, the HMRC Legal apprentice scheme sounds like a great opportunity! I've not heard of anyone applying to it yet, but it's awesome that you're getting a head start on the Civil Service Verbal and Judgement tests. Those can be tough, but with practice, you'll be well-prepared. Good luck with your application!

Reactions: ZS

icebear

Star Member
Nov 10, 2023
Has anybody applied to the HMRC Legal apprentice (Graduate) scheme? It seems to be a brand new graduate (and non-graduate) Solicitor apprenticeship. I'm currently practising the Civil Service Verbal and Jugement tests as I haven't applied for a civil service role since leaving university.

Hey, I've applied also and was invited to submit the application answers on jul 30 but haven't heard anything since. have u received any updates?

Sophhh95

Aug 30, 2024
Hey, I've applied also and was invited to submit the application answers on jul 30 but haven't heard anything since. have u received any updates?
I am waiting on an update on my application too! had nothing other than application received on 16th August - I understand the closing date was extended until 21st or something like that.

icebear

Star Member
Nov 10, 2023
I am waiting on an update on my application too! had nothing other than application received on 16th August - I understand the closing date was extended until 21st or something like that.
Yeah it was extended wasn't it - I thought I was tripping when I looked on 19th Aug and the applications were still open!
The advert said that the interviews would be in early September so I guess we might hear something next week, unless the deadline extension means that the interviews will also be postponed

Sophhh95

Aug 30, 2024
Yeah it was extended wasn't it - I thought I was tripping when I looked on 19th Aug and the applications were still open!
The advert said that the interviews would be in early September so I guess we might hear something next week, unless the deadline extension means that the interviews will also be postponed
Yes I thought I was losing my mind tbh. I’ve not received any updates yet.. how about you?

icebear

Star Member
Nov 10, 2023
i actually emailed them and they said that interviews would be postponed too due to extended deadline. they expect to release the sift results in mid-September, with interviews late September to mid-October.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.