• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

Clifford gave me a Chance (A now SQE Journey)

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
this is a rough calculation but i think 1 hour a week for office hours, then every three weeks 4 hours teaching and 2 hours of prep time.
Which now i am writing it, doesn't sound like a lot.
I think you'd be able to manage that with a full-time course. I know many GDL/LPC/SQEers who have all done more hours than that and been able to manage their courses. You may just want to try and ensure there isn't too much of a commitment around SQE1 assessment times but given they are well publicised dates, you could check that ahead of any commitments.

Reactions: LillyandSilver

LillyandSilver

Legendary Member
Oct 18, 2023
Update: I'm sure no one will be surprised, but the SQE is hard. I feel like I'm cramming my brain with information, and no one has any idea what is useful and what isn't. On the plus side, I have spent a lot of money on stationary and glittery pens. I'm really channelling my 16-year-old self in that GCSE Era. My Quizlet game is unreal.

LillyandSilver

Legendary Member
Oct 18, 2023
This sounds really strange but I miss applying. I'm watching another cycle start and I'm a bit sad. I got kind of addicted to the rush that you get when you make it through to another round. Don't get me wrong I am very grateful and happy to have this TC but I deffo prefer applying over doing the SQE. I think it is giving me grey hairs and making me relieve my first-year law trauma of contract and tort law.

I have also moved away from Quizlet. It isn't the same as it used to be when I was 16. They've changed, or maybe I have; we just aren't right for each other anymore. It was beautiful while it lasted. I'm now using Knowt for my flashcards because it is free, and I've spent far too much money already on SQE prep.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.