• Hey Guest, Marcus Ketley, Early Careers Advisor at TLT, is live right now in the TCLA forum. Ask your questions here

Ask TLT Anything!

Marcus Ketley

Graduate Recruitment
Oct 4, 2024
Hi Marcus,

Why have the firm chosen not to recruit any London-based trainees in this cycle?

Thanks!
During the last application cycle we saw lots of great candidates both internally and externally and have therefore filled our London vacancies for 2027. We would encourage anyone interested in TLT to explore one of our other offices Bristol (HQ), Birmingham, Manchester, Scotland (Glasgow and Edinburgh), and Belfast where we are currently recruiting Trainees.

Marcus Ketley

Graduate Recruitment
Oct 4, 2024
Hi Marcus,

Please can you advise if TLT are accepting candidates who have recently completed the LPC without requiring them to also take the SQE as well?

Many thanks.
Afternoon,

Yes, we accept candidates who have completed the LPC! At present, those who have completed the LPC are able to undertake the PSC in order to satisfy that part of the route to qualification.

Marcus

sepi.sala

Standard Member
Mar 12, 2023
Hi, thank you all for your time.
so i don't know if it is the right place for this question. but I don't know what else to do!
I got my undergrad (law) and first master's degree (law) in my home country (Iran), my law internship and arbitration reserach fellowship took place there as well. I do have a master's degree from LSE. This is my second year applying and I have had no luck. I just want to know if someone with my background has any chance for a T.C or not. I just want to know if should spend so much time on these applications, dealing with those rejections or if I should just give up and find something else to do. I would really appreacite it if you could give me an honest answer.

buibuui

Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 10, 2022
Hi Marcus,

I see that TLT has a South West presence along with an organic style of growth rather than an aggressive merging and opening offices growth strategy. What do you think is the main advantage of this and how is the firm positioned to compete with larger firms with more office coverage?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.