• Hey Guest, join Reed Smith’s Rik Palmer on Wednesday 7 October, 6–7pm (UK time) to learn how to succeed at each stage of the firm’s application process. Register for the event.

Search results

  1. L

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2026-27

    Milbank done, that was effing awful. How on earth can I ask for adjustments where there is nowhere which indicated what is in the test so I know which adjustments will need to be asked for!! Like something in there I 100% needed adjustments for but the firm didn't even respond to when I asked...
  2. L

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2026-27

    I got sidley but not dechert
  3. L

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2026-27

    I got mine like 2 weeks after applying
  4. L

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2026-27

    Spoke to grad rec last week and the sentiment was kindof like "if it is not in already, get it in ASAP"
  5. L

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2026-27

    Yeah I got 3 online (assuming automatic) test invites today, 2 with VI, its a killer
  6. L

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2026-27

    I thought they were non rolling?
  7. L

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2026-27

    I normally structure a cover letter: 1. Why law 2. Why the firm 3. Why me One firm asked: Please write a cover letter addressing the following areas: What attracts you to Gibson Dunn and the office to which you are applying. Why you want to become a solicitor. An outstanding personal achievement...
  8. L

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2026-27

    Some of these firms really need to work on their website. One talks about their winter VS in their FAQs - they are not offering a winter VS this year. Another says in FAQs all opportunities are open to graduates of any disciplines, but in the description for literally each VS/TC non-law grads...
  9. L

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2026-27

    Really exceeding expectations in everything they do
  10. L

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2026-27

    Thursday or Friday, can't recall exactly
  11. L

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2026-27

    Jones day pfo post app, fastest turn around time ever!
  12. L

    In House Training Contract list

    There is very little information about places offering in house TCs. Anything I could find online was outdated. I know Deloitte has one. Anywhere else have one this year?
  13. L

    A Guide to Building a Winning Application Strategy

    Would it be worth applying to a mix of London office and non-London offices (i.e. are the non-llondon regional offices less competitive than their London counterpart)?
  14. L

    Vacation schemes - graduates not allowed

    I am prepping for the next cycle, and one of the firms which I was planning on applying to for a VS does not allow graduates or post-graduates on their schemes. Has anyone made a list of schemes which are undergraduate only vs open to everyone?
  15. L

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2025-26

    The exact wording they use is "we look into the possibility" to make arrangements for those overseas to attend virtually, it is not a guarantee and also not a hard no.
  16. L

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2025-26

    I hope there is another batch, this was just from my experience of doing 3 interviews with the firm from 17th-27th. The firm is also known for reviewing applications on a rolling basis which will likely have some effect
  17. L

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2025-26

    W&C zoom interviews were this week. AC and partner interview invites will go out Friday/Monday. Whether this is the first batch, or the only batch, I'm not sure
  18. L

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2025-26

    If anyone has done a white & case AC, can you dm me please? I have completed a HFW and WFW VS and can offer insight in exchange. Or any kind samaritans who I can talk to...
  19. L

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2025-26

    Pat on the back for me for doing 3 interviews in 8 days
  20. L

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2025-26

    Nope, live one over video call