• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

what practice area is sidley austin known for

soontobeanesq

Aug 29, 2024
hello everyone,

what practice area is sidley austin known for?

and please don't say "just google".on their websites, almost all firms depict that they practice in all sectors and industries, but the market knows what the market knows. i have interned at a law firm in my non-UK country..they were really good, but it was not until i interned there that i realized that oil and gas practice was their strong suit. they usually got matters in that sector, clients knew them for it. the point i'm trying to make is that law firms usually have practice areas that they are really deep in. for sidley austin (particularly,the london office) , what practice area would that be? what are they known for? who are the leading lawyers?

i need this info as i research and draft my answers for their VS.

thank you so much.

SoonToBeTrainee

Star Member
  • Dec 29, 2023
    To be honest, it is fairly easy to find this type of information online for all law firms.

I recommend the ‘Chambers Student’ UK website for your research, which gives a profile on each firm and its most prominent practices in London.

Note:
    Apply to firms that you’re genuinely interested in and want to work for. A firm / recruiters / lawyers will know if you’re ‘faking’ an interest, and it will make securing a TC there much more difficult.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.