• Hey Guest, leading international law firm BCLP is live right now in the forum! This is a perfect opportunity to ask any questions you have to the recruitment team. Ask a question here!

W&C TC application question

tobywstress

Nov 9, 2022
Hi, I am currently doing the direct TC application for White & Case. One of the questions was to provide details of any interest or extra-curricular activities. Do I answer it by giving every detail of where I spend my free time (volunteering) or I should give a brief description of what I do with a key event written in STAR format? It also asks for any position of responsibilities, do I also answer with one event under the STAR format? There is a 1500 word limit and I am unsure how much I should write.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I wouldn't focus on every detail - not everything will be relevant. Focus more on activities that have either had the most impact or been the most challenging/had the highest levels of responsibility or commitment.

You don't have to write in the STAR format, as this only really works for competency questions focused on providing one example. Just highlight your key activities and achievements.

Many people won't use the full 1500 words for this type of question.

Reactions: pmhango

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.