• Hey Guest, leading international law firm BCLP is live right now in the forum! This is a perfect opportunity to ask any questions you have to the recruitment team. Ask a question here!

Thinking of starting SQE Prep a year in advance

rheck

Aug 20, 2024
Hi everyone!

I am fairly new to the forum though I have been active here and there during my time applying for a training contract. I've since secured one and am set to start in March 2027, before which I have to give my SQE in September 2025. I'm in my final year at uni right now and wanted to get a headstart on SQE prep.

To that end, does anyone know where I can get study materials for SQE 1 (both the FLK exams). I'm not too keen on buying the whole textbook bundle as I will receive those from ULaw when I start, but I was wondering if there were resources (cheaper, preferably) that I could use to study for these two exams. I've seen a lot of mock assessments so should be fine there, but I am still to find resources to actually study the content covered in the two FLKs.

I would assume many people taking the SQE off their own back would find themselves in a similar boat- so it would be great to hear where you're getting your study material from.

Thanks!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.