Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
i want to know a law firm's breakdown of the ratio between oxbridge:russell group students. is it appropriate for me to ask a firm or is that private information that can't be diclosed? (its not shown on legal cheek)
You could ask, but the firm might not have the stats to hand or may not want to share them with you.

VMS

Valued Member
Oct 16, 2023
@Jessica Booker

For the Debevoise & Plimpton application, they ask: 'Please indicate if there are any preferred practice areas that interest you.' (250 words). Is there any chance you could clarify whether you think they're asking for a 200-250 word answer about my preferred practice areas and why and how I've shown this interest, or if they're just wanting me to write down three practice areas?

Thank you for your time!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
@Jessica Booker

For the Debevoise & Plimpton application, they ask: 'Please indicate if there are any preferred practice areas that interest you.' (250 words). Is there any chance you could clarify whether you think they're asking for a 200-250 word answer about my preferred practice areas and why and how I've shown this interest, or if they're just wanting me to write down three practice areas?

Thank you for your time!
I don’t think you have to write three practice areas. You could write 1, you could write 5, but they should be explained as to why they interest you.

AlarmedBookkeeper448

Premium Member
  • Dec 18, 2019
    Was there anything specific you mentioned I got rejected and am not sure why, want to know where I went wrong.
    Heya

i am so sorry about the rejection!
    shall we PM, i am happy for to share my answers via dm and we can compare?

but alsooo - i have seen some comments on here saying that sometimes they reject you because they think you will not benefit aka you already know so much (so maybe it could be that) but i am happy to share my answers :)

asplawyer100

Feb 13, 2024
    From what I know about them from multiple attempts at their application is they have always been rolling for both VS and direect TC.
    Yeah they are rolling, but I submitted my VS application to them today and it does clearly say that whilst they review on a rolling basis, they won’t make any decisions until after the deadline. So it’s surprising to see that this is evidently not the case

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.