• Hey Guest, leading international law firm BCLP is live right now in the forum! This is a perfect opportunity to ask any questions you have to the recruitment team. Ask a question here!

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

lawyersum

Star Member
Jun 28, 2024
@Jessica Booker For a question asking us to explain both our motivation for commercial law and for the firm within a 300 word limit, are firms expecting really detailed answers for why them? I can just about expand on two points about the firm in detail but still feel like I’m not mentioning enough…

laurenn42

Premium Member
Oct 7, 2022
Does anyone know of any firms which recruit sooner than 2 years in advance or if they are flexible in trying to place you on an earlier intake if they have availability?
(where recruiting from a successful VS)

s9111

Valued Member
Aug 17, 2023
Do the A&O tests (Winter VS) have to be done by the VS application closing date, or within X days of receiving the email? I can't seem to find this answer anywhere. Thank you!

fingersarecrossed

Esteemed Member
  • Feb 11, 2024
    Hi,

I have been trying to improve my commercial awareness by reading the news more etc.

However, I am unsure how to approach it e.g., should i focus on the PESTLE aspect, or the impact on the law firm and its clients - but with that i don't know what to say other than advisory work for x sector may increase etc

Would appreciate any guidance, thank you in advance :)

Tintin06

Legendary Member
    Oct 23, 2019
    Hi,

I have been trying to improve my commercial awareness by reading the news more etc.

However, I am unsure how to approach it e.g., should i focus on the PESTLE aspect, or the impact on the law firm and its clients - but with that i don't know what to say other than advisory work for x sector may increase etc

Would appreciate any guidance, thank you in advance :)
    Follow Watson’s daily and understand it. That, and read Chris Stoakes’s books. They thoroughly cover all the fundamentals.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    What are the Sidley winter VS questions?
    Describe a current commercial issue that has interested you and explain why it interested you?

Why does a career in commercial law and specifically Sidley Austin interest you?

In your view which personal qualities make a successful lawyer?

• 🤝
    Reactions: lawyerdreams and Sharon Wu

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.