Not open for further replies.

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
@axelbeugre I have been lucky enough to have gotten onto the Goodwin vac scheme, and was wondering if you had any advice on how to be successful and impress enough to get the TC? Do you have any insights into how you were assessed? Finally, what were your thoughts on the firm and what ultimately led you to accept the offer? Thanks in advance!
Congratulations on getting the vacation scheme offer, this is a huge milestone!!

I shared some tips on how to convert a vacation scheme to a training contract and I basically did everything that I listed there, the post in question is here: https://www.thecorporatelawacademy....ns-discussion-thread-2023-24.8037/post-169320

There is also another post with great advice here:

Thread 'Converting your vacation scheme into a training contract - top tips in 2021'
https://www.thecorporatelawacademy....to-a-training-contract-top-tips-in-2021.3454/

During the scheme you will have a training contract interview, a group assessment and a written exercise. You will also be assessed on a piece of research that graduate recruitment will give you as well as tasks that your supervisors will give you. It sounds like a lot but everything is very doable, you just have to focus throughout the week and you will be fine!

My experience at the firm was very good, I felt very comfortable the entire time, and the firm is also very diverse compared to others I interacted with, plus their work with startup and venture capital (which is what drawn me to the firm in the first place) just pushed me to accept my offer.

I hope that is helpful and good luck!

• ℹ️
Reactions: Kiwi239 and Sharon Wu

Kiwi239

Oct 24, 2022
Congratulations on getting the vacation scheme offer, this is a huge milestone!!

I shared some tips on how to convert a vacation scheme to a training contract and I basically did everything that I listed there, the post in question is here: https://www.thecorporatelawacademy....ns-discussion-thread-2023-24.8037/post-169320

There is also another post with great advice here:

Thread 'Converting your vacation scheme into a training contract - top tips in 2021'
https://www.thecorporatelawacademy....to-a-training-contract-top-tips-in-2021.3454/

During the scheme you will have a training contract interview, a group assessment and a written exercise. You will also be assessed on a piece of research that graduate recruitment will give you as well as tasks that your supervisors will give you. It sounds like a lot but everything is very doable, you just have to focus throughout the week and you will be fine!

My experience at the firm was very good, I felt very comfortable the entire time, and the firm is also very diverse compared to others I interacted with, plus their work with startup and venture capital (which is what drawn me to the firm in the first place) just pushed me to accept my offer.

I hope that is helpful and good luck!
Thank you Axel! This is incredibly helpful

Reactions: axelbeugre

Vasil2004

Nov 23, 2023
Hi! Is there anybody here who has the SPB AC in a week's time? We were told we would receive further information on the AC tasks a week before the AC (which for me is today,) but I haven't had an email yet - just wondering if anyone else was in the same boat or if I should email grad rec if i've heard nothing by the end of the day?
I was sent mine yesterday, and my AC is on Tuesday. You are provided with a link that explains each part.

Seven

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
May 15, 2022
Hi, I've just been made aware of this comment so I wanted to reply as I'm really sorry to hear this. Of course there is no obligation to, but if you would like to provide some more feedback, we'd be very glad to receive it at: [email protected].
To give you a little bit of context, we started off by providing lunches, but none of it got eaten and candidates fedback that they felt too nervous to eat, which is why we swapped to lighter snacks of pastries and biscuits available throughout the day (plus options to suit any dietary requirements as needed), which typically run from around 10:30am-3pm. We gave a lunch break of between 45 and 30 minutes and let candidates know that they were free to leave during this time, but I'm sorry that this message didn't get through.
We really do care about making our Assessment Days (and all events) an environment that is welcoming and allows candidates to perform at their best, so if you want to either directly message me your feedback or email it through, we'd appreciate any suggestions you have.
Becca
Thank you for being so kind as to accepting feedback! I have some mixed feelings about the RS AC process but I have sent you a private message @ReedSmithBecca :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.