• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

stacy2523

Premium Member
  • Oct 12, 2023
    Has anyone previously completed and is willing to shed some light on what the Withers Written Communications Assessment and Personality Test the you have to complete before AC entails? Thank you!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    For a direct TC CV, do I need to list out each module grade under the education section? Or is there a particular format I should use (e.g yearly average, key modules only etc)

This is a US firm which requires a CV and cover letter (no app portal).
    I would list out all modules if there is no other place to put them (like an online form).

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    if there is an online form to list modules, would you still advise to list all modules on the CV?
    No - you don’t need to duplicate this information then. In these instances, put your degree details and overall qualification in, and you can highlight and key modules/strong performance if you want to.

Reactions: Donuttime

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Baker McKenzie TC offer!!! Thank you to TCLA for the guidance and resources and everyone in the community that has helped one way or the other🎊🎊
    I’m really grateful!
    This is amazing news - congratulations!

Happy Summer GIF by @SummerBreak

• Love
    Reactions: Jmk and Aaj03

lawyerletsgo

Distinguished Member
    Nov 26, 2023
    for video interviews, do they review your answers with a copy of your application too? I ask this because idk if i should give examples of competencies through non-law experiences to avoid repeating my application answers

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    for video interviews, do they review your answers with a copy of your application too? I ask this because idk if i should give examples of competencies through non-law experiences to avoid repeating my application answers
    Sometimes, yes they do. Where you can try to use different examples but it is not an issue if you occasionally highlight something already mentioned on your application form.

• 🤝
    Reactions: lawyerletsgo
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.