• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

futuretrainee202X

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2022
GLD TC Verbal Analysis Aptitude invite!

I received an invite too, but then the emails disappeared from my inbox just now.

Has anyone encountered the same issue?

Have already emailed their team but I'm a bit confused whether it was sent to the wrong person (hopefully not, as my candidate number was on the return email!)

cleojwilliams

Premium Member
Jan 31, 2024
Finally got an Ashurst pfo, they really took their time with that one :(
I know!!! Anyways on to the next. Does anyone know if it is worth applying to Evershed Sutherland through the Direct training contract route? Also would it be worth applying to Stephenson and Harwood if recruit in a rolling basis and application deadline ends in July?

Reactions: zara elles

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I'm not sure if it's on Launchpad yet. But it's a pre-recorded interview for Howard Kennedy
Usually the deadline includes the date referenced and they really mean 23.59 rather than midnight. However, you may want to submit 24 hours prior just to be sure.

Last edited:

norothrow324

Legendary Member
Apr 11, 2023
If I may just also piggyback onto this thread, do you know if there is any numerical reasoning incorporated into the strength-based assessment or is it just the verbal reasoning test?
I don’t remember there being a numerical aspect. There was a normal WG portion, and then the rest was just situational cases. Some including practical tasks like contract review (this only extended to language and no content analysis of course)

Madeline186

Mar 19, 2024
People have had both, however I also know someone who scored very well and still hasn’t heard back. Check the portal if you haven’t already?
Ah strange, I've checked the portal and nothing on there either. Do you know what this might mean if I haven't had either? Do firms send out responses in batches or maybe at different times depending on the office? This is my first application cycle so I'm not sure!

EzeLaylor

Distinguished Member
  • Oct 15, 2021
    Me rushing to complete TC apps that close today because I suddenly got a random surge of energy to apply:

Working In A Rush GIF by Microsoft Cloud

✨ Sending good vibes to everyone applying last minute ✨

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.