TC offer - looking for advice

Talia43

Apr 15, 2024
I don't know if I am being idealistic here so any advice or opinion is welcome. By way of background, I have had some success in the 2022 cycle with interviews at law firms but none for the past two cycles.

Last edited:

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
When is your TC due to start or when are you going to start any sponsored law school/SQE courses or assessments?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Okay - you haven’t got much time to think about this then (unfortunately).

If you are not going to get commercial litigation experience during your TC, it will be very difficult to qualify into that area.

Given this, I think you have to consider carefully:

1) is this interest in commercial litigation genuine? (You said you think you may be interested - it might be worthwhile exploring that further so you are more certain either way)

2) what is your priority? Qualifying or doing commercial litigation? It sounds like you most likely won’t be able to do both.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.