SQE1 Practice / Mock Tests

average_jo123

Esteemed Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 11, 2021
I am currently studying full-time at ULaw, sitting for SQE1 in January 2025 and would like to get more insight into practice / mock tests in preparation for the SQE1.

1. I am aware of this thread posted some time ago for free / paid practice tests — was wondering if any new ones that anyone is aware of that might have come up since then and maybe we can compile a more comprehensive list?
  2. For those who studied the SQE prep course with ULaw and passed the SQE1, did you find that the ULaw question bank was enough practice? Or would you have appreciated more external practice tests? If so, which ones would you recommend? I have heard feedback that ULaw questions are perhaps too easy compared to the actual assessments — I wonder if there are any merits to this view. I know a lot of this can come down to personal preference / learning style, but would nevertheless still be helpful to get thoughts from a few more people.
  3. I heard that the QLTS mocks are very convoluted / weirdly worded and not very commensurate with the difficulty / style of questions in the actual assessment but nevertheless is good exposure to more difficult questions. However, the whole pack costs £2,000+. Even if I managed to convince my whole class to chip in to buy it together it would still cost a bomb for each of us. And for us who are already studying full-time with another course provider, we don't need all the other content in the pack, only the mock tests. For those who studied at ULaw or BPP, did you or your classmates eventually invest in QLTS or any other external practice tests together in addition to the practice questions provided by your course provider? If yes, did you find it was necessary and if no, did most of your cohort survive just fine without?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.