• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

SQE Full-time

NikkiT

Legendary Member
Oct 2, 2020
Hello!

I am wondering if anyone is/ has been in the situation where you are working full-time and then receive a TC offer (where the firm is sponsoring the SQE preparation courses (full-time) and providing a living allowance)? If so, I am wondering if you can share any advice on how you made up the difference between the living allowance and a full-time salary? I am struggling to see how this is manageable with a rent contract/bills/cost of living etc. and would be so grateful for any insights!

To add more detail, the firm have an arrangement where trainees do a full-time course and I already have a master's so I can't apply for student funding.

Last edited:

kavin333

Aug 10, 2024
Yeah, that's a tough spot! Some people take out a loan or use savings to make up the difference. Others adjust their lifestyle, like getting a flatmate or negotiating rent. Have you talked to the firm about your concerns? They might be able to help or offer guidance. Create a budget and prioritize expenses, and maybe look into part-time work (if allowed).

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.