• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

SQE Cost

BhS

Aug 3, 2023
Hi,
I am thinking of doing SQE 1 and 2 however I am unclear on how much it will cost if I self fund it.
I have seen on the SRA site that the assessment cost for both exams totals to 4k. I have also seen distant learning courses costing 5k. Would this include the assessment cost or would I have to pay 9k in total for the distant learning and assessment?

Thanks

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Courses generally don’t include the SQE assessment fees. Where they do, it’s typically the full postgraduate level courses that are £15k+. But even then it’s not that all of these course do provide these costs. It’s something to look out for when choosing a provider.

Course providers at less than £10k are not going to cover their basic costs if they also have to pay out for the SQE assessment fees.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.