Small gaps in my CV over the summer

Callumw123

Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 5, 2023
Will law firms be concerned if I've not been busy over the entire summer? I've been free since the middle of June but I've done a week of work experience and I started a job last week. Between those events, I have been trying to find short-time work but I had no success. Will the short gap be a concern?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
A matter of a few weeks gap is not going to be an issue and is very common over the summer for many applicants. As long as you are showing you are doing something across the summer summer (part-time jobs, travelling, e-learning/virtual work experience), it will not be an issues if there are gaps of a short number of weeks/couple of months, especially if these gaps are only in the periods outside of term time when you are in full-time education

Reactions: Callumw123

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.