• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

Reaching out to graduate recruitment/HR

17natb

Standard Member
Oct 3, 2023
Hi - I'm wondering if there's a standard protocol on cold reaching out to grad recruitment teams or firm HR on LinkedIn regarding general advice? I have a lot of personal/professional mid-level and senior connections at various firms with whom I've discussed and reviewed my applications, but I still have been unable to make it to any interview stage. At this point, there's clearly something that legal personnel and I aren't catching in my application, so wondering if directly speaking about my candidacy with an HR rep would be of more use in terms of getting through the written stage of apps? If so, is there a recommended way to go about this?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi - I'm wondering if there's a standard protocol on cold reaching out to grad recruitment teams or firm HR on LinkedIn regarding general advice? I have a lot of personal/professional mid-level and senior connections at various firms with whom I've discussed and reviewed my applications, but I still have been unable to make it to any interview stage. At this point, there's clearly something that legal personnel and I aren't catching in my application, so wondering if directly speaking about my candidacy with an HR rep would be of more use in terms of getting through the written stage of apps? If so, is there a recommended way to go about this?
You can try (and there is no harm in contacting them) but typically GR are inundated with messages, whether that is via LinkedIn or via email and they may just direct you to their website/future careers events to get this advice because they are likely (especially at this time of year) not have the capacity to respond to individual requests for advice.

Reactions: 17natb

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.