• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

Reaching out to grad rec

Callumw123

Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 5, 2023
Hi,

There's a firm I'm really interested in who I want to build my research on over the summer. However, as a repeat applicant, I'm no longer eligible to attend the first-year event that they're running over the summer; I attended it last year though. Would it be appropriate to reach out to them and ask if they can point me in the direction of people i can speak too who usually make themselves available for grad rec events?

Thanks!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I personally would just recommend reaching out to trainees or associates on LinkedIn rather than asking the Graduate Recruitment team to connect you with others, especially if you have met people at the firm through other means.

Reactions: Callumw123

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.