• Hey Guest, leading international law firm BCLP is live right now in the forum! This is a perfect opportunity to ask any questions you have to the recruitment team. Ask a question here!

Reaching out to earlier VS law firms to let them know I've had further VSs?

Newcomer14

Standard Member
Apr 2, 2024
Hi :) Currently completing a VS at a mid-sized firm. In this cycle, I was lucky enough to get on 2 other VSs earlier in the year. I'm aware that GR teams at these firms are making their decisions in the next few weeks. Is it a good idea to reach out to them, and send them an email outlining; other VSs I've been on in the cycle, further work placements, and GDL results? None of this specific info was known to me when I sent off my applications much earlier in the cycle. I'm just wondering if over-loading GR teams with info, and mentioning I've had other VSs elsewhere, will help me, or if it'll have a more positive effect? Thanks :)

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
There is no harm in sending a short and concise summary to graduate recruitment with an update in situations where your last application was a vac scheme earlier in the year and you are now being considered for a TC off the back of your vacation scheme.

I’d keep the email short and concise, focusing on the facts of what you have done (rather than providing long written updates of the type of work experience you have had and the responsibilities in your work experience, like you might write in an application form). This won’t overwhelm them and will make the email super quick and easy to read. The graduate recruitment team can then do what they want with the information.

But generally any update on achieved grades and other revelant work experience would be something to include in this.

Reactions: Newcomer14

Newcomer14

Standard Member
Apr 2, 2024
There is no harm in sending a short and concise summary to graduate recruitment with an update in situations where your last application was a vac scheme earlier in the year and you are now being considered for a TC off the back of your vacation scheme.

I’d keep the email short and concise, focusing on the facts of what you have done (rather than providing long written updates of the type of work experience you have had and the responsibilities in your work experience, like you might write in an application form). This won’t overwhelm them and will make the email super quick and easy to read. The graduate recruitment team can then do what they want with the information.

But generally any update on achieved grades and other revelant work experience would be something to include in this.
Thank you!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.