• Hey Guest, leading international law firm BCLP is live right now in the forum! This is a perfect opportunity to ask any questions you have to the recruitment team. Ask a question here!

Questions for the vac scheme of Clifford Chance

J Malone

Valued Member
Jun 1, 2018
Well, unfortunately, my score from the last term is 2:2.

However, I have just found out that Clifford Chance scrapped the school grade requirement.
So I am going to apply for its vac scheme. And I have just found out that the first question of CC vac scheme is

"Have you had work experience at ANY Clifford Chance office for a period of 3 days or longer? If so then please give some brief details here."

I think I have! though it was not the real office of the CC. I have 3 days Pro Bono Shadowing experience in this summer so that may be the answer for the question. Do you also agree with my idea? Do you think my three days experience with CC can be the suitable answer for the question?

I can not understand the meaning of the question 3 of the vac scheme application. "So that we are aware of decision deadlines, could you please let us know whether you are holding any other Training Contract offers?" I would like to get the Training Contract offer if I have a chance to get it. But I am not sure about the underlined intention of the question. What can you recommend me to this question?

Thank you so much

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Well, unfortunately, my score from the last term is 2:2.

However, I have just found out that Clifford Chance scrapped the school grade requirement.
    So I am going to apply for its vac scheme. And I have just found out that the first question of CC vac scheme is

"Have you had work experience at ANY Clifford Chance office for a period of 3 days or longer? If so then please give some brief details here."

I think I have! though it was not the real office of the CC. I have 3 days Pro Bono Shadowing experience in this summer so that may be the answer for the question. Do you also agree with my idea? Do you think my three days experience with CC can be the suitable answer for the question?

I can not understand the meaning of the question 3 of the vac scheme application. "So that we are aware of decision deadlines, could you please let us know whether you are holding any other Training Contract offers?" I would like to get the Training Contract offer if I have a chance to get it. But I am not sure about the underlined intention of the question. What can you recommend me to this question?

Thank you so much

I assume your three days experience was at a pro bono centre? I'm not convinced that would count as work experience at a Clifford Chance office, although it's definitely worth mentioning on your application form.

You can ignore question three. Sometimes, students have secured other training contract offers when they apply, and students may be required to accept or reject their offer by a certain date. Clifford Chance may want to give these students an expedited interview process, so they can hear back before that date.

J Malone

Valued Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    I assume your three days experience was at a pro bono centre? I'm not convinced that would count as work experience at a Clifford Chance office, although it's definitely worth mentioning on your application form.

You can ignore question three. Sometimes, students have secured other training contract offers when they apply, and students may be required to accept or reject their offer by a certain date. Clifford Chance may want to give these students an expedited interview process, so they can hear back before that date.

Yes, the Pro Bono was in the other place. Um then if I can not answer the question number 1, then the possibility of passing the application would be less. Well I can go to its open day later.

Oh I have another thing. I worked as a staff in a law firm in my home country. and in 2011, I came to London to visit CC but the meeting was rejected....

I think I have many things with CC but all can not be the best answer for the question.

How can my application stand out?

1. Have you had work experience at ANY Clifford Chance office for a period of 3 days or longer? If so then please give some brief details here.

2. You have told us about your academic achievements and work experience and now, in no more than 600 words, we are keen to hear more about you. This should include your extra-curricular activities, positions of responsibility and an achievement of importance which you are most proud of.

-> So here maybe the place where I can write about the Pro Bono with CC

3. So that we are aware of decision deadlines, could you please let us know whether you are holding any other Training Contract offers?

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Yes, the Pro Bono was in the other place. Um then if I can not answer the question number 1, then the possibility of passing the application would be less. Well I can go to its open day later.

Oh I have another thing. I worked as a staff in a law firm in my home country. and in 2011, I came to London to visit CC but the meeting was rejected....

I think I have many things with CC but all can not be the best answer for the question.

How can my application stand out?

1. Have you had work experience at ANY Clifford Chance office for a period of 3 days or longer? If so then please give some brief details here.

2. You have told us about your academic achievements and work experience and now, in no more than 600 words, we are keen to hear more about you. This should include your extra-curricular activities, positions of responsibility and an achievement of importance which you are most proud of.

-> So here maybe the place where I can write about the Pro Bono with CC

3. So that we are aware of decision deadlines, could you please let us know whether you are holding any other Training Contract offers?

Your application chances won't be affected by your answers to the questions in your first post. It's fine if you haven't completed work experience at Clifford Chance before, or if you don't have any other training contract offers.

Yes - you can write about your pro bono experience in the second question.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.