Qualifying Law Degree

MEarle

Jul 11, 2024
Hello,

I’ve had a number of family emergencies in my final year of university, which has led me to need to first sit two exams and resit one in the supplementary period.

I’ve been told that if I pass 2/3 of the exams (leave the resit as 26% and end up with a 2:2 or a third), I will still graduate with honours.

My question is will this still be a qualifying law degree or will it make me ineligible to sit the SQE?

I have a lot of caring responsibilities and work responsibilities, so I would love to be able to not do the resit and have a lower grade.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
You don't need a qualifying law degree to sit the SQE. You just need a Batchelors degree level qualification in any degree subject (no matter what the grading). So this will not be an issue.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.