Paralegal - Application Question

jamesdrizos

Mar 13, 2023
Hi everyone,

I am in the process of applying for a paralegal role via Howard Kennedy's website. There is only one question in the application process, which asks, "Why am I interested in this opportunity?" What would you advise me to say?

Maybe @Jessica Booker , if I could take your expert advice, it would be highly appreciated.

Please note that no cover letter is needed.

Thank you very much for your time.

Donuttime

Legendary Member
Premium Member
May 17, 2021
Hi everyone,

I am in the process of applying for a paralegal role via Howard Kennedy's website. There is only one question in the application process, which asks, "Why am I interested in this opportunity?" What would you advise me to say?

Maybe @Jessica Booker , if I could take your expert advice, it would be highly appreciated.

I think the best way to answer this is by showcasing why you’re interested in the position.For example is it a banking paralegal role, Real estate or corporate. Showing how you’re interested by talking about how your interests align with the practice you’ll be working in will be the best start

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi everyone,

I would look at the job description carefully and try to ensure your answer is aligned to the responsibilities the role will have. I would also ensure the answer is aligned specifically to the practice area/sector focus the department has too and be able to show your motivations for this.

Do lead with your motivations rather than trying to use this question to explain why you would be a good candidate. As it is "why you are interested" it should be more about your drivers/motivations for the role, rather than why you personally would be a good fit in terms of skills/experience for it.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.