Need Guidance: Navigating Job Hunt at BC Law Firms as a Recent Graduate

elizabethsanford

Apr 9, 2024
Hello everyone,

I recently graduated from university and am keen on starting my career in British Columbia, Canada. My goal is to secure a position within a reputable law firm where I can apply my skills, grow professionally, and contribute to the firm's success.

During my search, I've come across several law firms in BC that seem promising. However, making a decision on where to apply can be daunting, especially without inside knowledge of the firm's culture, work environment, and growth opportunities.

I'm reaching out to this community in hopes of gaining insights from those who have experience with law firms in British Columbia. Any advice, personal experiences, or recommendations would be incredibly valuable to me. Which firms do you think are the best for a new graduate? What should I look for in a potential employer, and what can I expect during the hiring process?

I'm eager to learn from your experiences and advice to make an informed decision about my future.
Here are the websites that I found:
Hammerco Lawyers LLP
Roper Greyell LLP
Slater Vecchio LLP
Zukerman Law Group
Thank you in advance for your help!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hello everyone,

I recently graduated from university and am keen on starting my career in British Columbia, Canada. My goal is to secure a position within a reputable law firm where I can apply my skills, grow professionally, and contribute to the firm's success.

During my search, I've come across several law firms in BC that seem promising. However, making a decision on where to apply can be daunting, especially without inside knowledge of the firm's culture, work environment, and growth opportunities.

I'm reaching out to this community in hopes of gaining insights from those who have experience with law firms in British Columbia. Any advice, personal experiences, or recommendations would be incredibly valuable to me. Which firms do you think are the best for a new graduate? What should I look for in a potential employer, and what can I expect during the hiring process?

I'm eager to learn from your experiences and advice to make an informed decision about my future.
Here are the websites that I found:
Hammerco Lawyers LLP
Roper Greyell LLP
Slater Vecchio LLP
Zukerman Law Group
Thank you in advance for your help!
Our community is quite U.K. based and although we advise on locations like Hong Kong, Dubai and Singapore, we don’t really have the community of people looking for roles in Canada.

It may be better to reach out to lawyers at these firms via LinkedIn to get their views on how they have found working at the firms, or look at review sites like Glassdoor.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.