Macfarlanes Mock AC

A worried graduate

Legendary Member
Mar 25, 2024
Thanks to the lovely people at Upreach I now have a mock AC coming up at Macfarlanes later this month. Does anyone have some guidance on how to best research and prepare for such an AC. If it is of relevance it is in person and quite lengthy at 8 hours.

I also have some extra questions.

1) Are Macfarlanes treating this more as a way to recruit trainees or like a diversity open day?

2) What is the best way to plan for non-interview tasks?

3) Is it best to apply for a 2026 TC before or after the mock AC?

Thank you!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
1) if it’s a mock assessment, I would expect it to just be an opportunity to practise - I don’t expect this to have the same intention as an open day or a direct way to recruit trainees. Many people may benefit from attending it indirectly though and attending may help people in terms of knowledge and skills if they choose to apply to the firm the future.

2) this depends on what tasks you have. Have they given you any guidance on what to expect?

3) you could apply for the TC before the mock assessment, but you may have the opportunity to meet the firm’s representative which may help improve your knowledge of the firm and their recruitment process. It really depends on how well you feel you know those subjects already.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.