• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

LLM SQE or the SQE Prep Courses

Lapistuskin

Aug 29, 2024
Hi everyone,

I recently graduated LLB with a 2:1 from a Russell Group university and am now preparing to self-fund my SQE preparation. I’m an international student on a graduate visa and have been accepted into the University of Law's LLM (SQE 1 & 2) Online programme, which starts this September.

However, I'm currently debating whether to pursue the LLM or opt for the University of Law's SQE 1 & 2 Preparation course offered in-person. Or should just for the BARBRI Online courses as it's cheaper

Given that I’m not currently working and the pass rate for the SQE is quite low, do you think the online format would be a disadvantage for me? Would enrolling in the LLM program offer significant benefits in terms of knowledge and employability, or would the preparation course be more practical?

I would appreciate any insights, experiences, or advice you have on which path might be more beneficial in the long term. Thank you!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.