• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

LinkedIn Etiquette

ashwright

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Jul 10, 2023
    This is either a nice idea or a terrible one - would love to hear someone's thoughts:
    I recently read an article in which a partner was interviewed about an area of law I'm really interested in. The partner shared this article on LinkedIn, saying they are happy to take questions on the area via DM.
    Whilst their target audience was probably other lawyers/clients, would it be a good/bad idea to ask a genuine follow-up question to them?
    Copying in @Jaysen @Jessica Booker as I would really appreciate your wisdom & anyone else's
    Thank you :)

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    This is either a nice idea or a terrible one - would love to hear someone's thoughts:
    I recently read an article in which a partner was interviewed about an area of law I'm really interested in. The partner shared this article on LinkedIn, saying they are happy to take questions on the area via DM.
    Whilst their target audience was probably other lawyers/clients, would it be a good/bad idea to ask a genuine follow-up question to them?
    Copying in @Jaysen @Jessica Booker as I would really appreciate your wisdom & anyone else's
    Thank you :)
    I think this is perfectly fine given they have encouraged people to contact them via PM about it.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.