• Hey Guest, leading international law firm BCLP is live right now in the forum! This is a perfect opportunity to ask any questions you have to the recruitment team. Ask a question here!

GOT MY TC OFFER TODAY! IM GOING TO BE A LAWYER!

hungry_for_TC

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Dec 2, 2021
I'm going to write a fuller post because I think there's a lot that has to be said about the TC process that isn't really discussed on this forum (and I have been using it for years - I mean check my username, I've been here since 2021) but especially when it comes to International Students and people without connections, or people in the UK, or lawyers in the family. I got that phone call after taking so many risks and taking so many crazy (and expensive!) leaps of faith, like: (1) moving to the UK in the first place for uni and staying lmao what was I thinking?! (2) self-funding the PGDL (3) taking months away to get a break after finishing the PGDL (4) not working as a paralegal before, but doing other jobs I thought I'd also enjoy while applying to TCs. I also think that there's not a lot of great interview prep out there, but I think I cracked it and would like to share my thoughts on what makes a 'good' interview beyond 'being yourself'! But I'll start with this: I am non-law, self-funded the PGDL, finished last year, and now at 25 I can say... I'M GOING TO BE A LAWYER AT AN ASTONINSHINGLY IMPRESSIVE US FIRM!!!!!! I AM WEEPING JOY!!!!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.