Good response to Norton Rose Fulbright

OVLD68

Standard Member
  • Sep 28, 2024
    Hi, I am completing the VS application and saw this question for Norton Rose Fulbright:

"Norton Rose Fulbright has a sector led approach. Which one of our sectors do you think has the most potential for growth over the next 12 months, and why, and what opportunities do you see for the firm to maximise this potential? (300 words)*"

I'm not certain the best way to approach it or what the discuss and I was wondering if anybody had any examples of responses or any talking points or advice?

Andrei Radu

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Future Trainee
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 9, 2024
    Hi, I am completing the VS application and saw this question for Norton Rose Fulbright:

"Norton Rose Fulbright has a sector led approach. Which one of our sectors do you think has the most potential for growth over the next 12 months, and why, and what opportunities do you see for the firm to maximise this potential? (300 words)*"

I'm not certain the best way to approach it or what the discuss and I was wondering if anybody had any examples of responses or any talking points or advice?
    Hi there! I've quoted bellow a recent answer to the same question which I think may be very helpful. To that, I would add that if you can choose a sector for which NRF's well recognised, your answer will be even better. For instance, if you will find some type of ranking/award in the legal press recognising NRF's expertise in green finance, then it makes sense to choose that topic instead of, say, tech. This is because you will be able to make an argument that NRF will be better placed than other firms to benefit from the increased demand.
    Really oddly phrased question but I think both. So my approach would be:

1. identify a sector where there is a current issue/trend(s) that will directly contribute to the sector growth AND SPECIFICALLY growth that the firm can capitalise on (by this second part, I mean that the growth needs to generate capital and work for the firm)
    2. discuss the issue/trend(s) and the resultant sector impact - I would also acknowledge any counterpoints as to why there may not be growth then debunk them
    3. discuss the opportunities this will generate for NRF (eg more work in a certain area, higher value deals, general influx of work across several areas etc)
    4. [maybe] suggest specific strategies that the firm can employ to capitalize on this growth - I don't think this is strictly necessary so wouldn't include points on this just for the sake of it but if you have a good point to make then make it

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.