• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

Foreign Qualified Lawyer Trying To Secure TC In UK

Hi!

I am a Lawyer actively practice in another Jurisdiction for 1 Year now. So my goal is to secure a TC in the UK. I've got a Band 8 in my IELTS and the plan is to enroll in an LLM SQE prep course September 2025 in either UWE or ULaw and pass the SQE 1 and 2 By 2026 December.

I then plan to apply for a PSW for 2 years so no employer has to sponsor me. Then the plan is to try to land a Paralegal Job for 1 Year before securing a Training Contract with a half decent firm.

Does anyone have any advise or recommendations regarding this route. I know it sounds too hopeful and optimistic but that's the ultimate dream , to become a solicitor in the UK.

Will I even be eligible to sit the SQE exam even tho I don't have a UK Qualifying Law Degree but I am an Admitted Solicitor in a Non European Country.

Someone please guide me, I'm so lost and I don't know what route to follow .

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.