• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

Early Character and Suitability - current turnaround time?

Trainee2024

Jan 7, 2024
Hi everyone.

I’ve applied for the Early Character and Suitability Assessment and had an e-mail confirming my case has been allocated. I’ve had contact with my case handler and today provided all my evidence in support of my application.

Has anyone been through this recently and able to give any timescales of how long it took to receive a decision? I am aware I’ve applied right in the middle of their busiest times as applications are closing next week. They are currently saying 6months but usually decide within 90 days.

Any feedback appreciated :)

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.